1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

TWIABP is playing here tomorrow so I'm gonna go see that. Hope they do Getting Sodas this time!

Getting Sodas is a good time live. Look for ya boi Bruce Willy. My girlfriend is the one in the purple wig.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I remember seeing Katie at all the shows before she was in the band. She sold me a Dads shirt once because they walked away from their merch table. She's also super nice.

Really wish I had bought a handful of their Brush Yr Teeth cassettes. Those things sold for a shit load for awhile.

the 2nd time I saw them Katie wasn't there and all the dudes sang her part, but she was back the 3rd time. You haven't seen them since Harmlessness?

3 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

the 2nd time I saw them Katie wasn't there and all the dudes sang her part, but she was back the 3rd time. You haven't seen them since Harmlessness?

Nope, saw them 2-3 months before Harnlessness dropped and nothing since then. The show wasn't well attended so I doubt they'll be back to my city. Sucks because now I live two blocks from that venue.

I wish I could still drop everything and drive 2-3 hours to see them all the time like I used to do.

I've seen them play bars, basements, skate parks, churches, and a weird industrial storage locker in the middle of nowhere. I seriously cherish all of those memories.

I've only seen them 3 times since Whenever, If Ever came out. Between Formlessness and the Whenever release show I saw them 10 times. I know some people here hate them but TWIABP mean a whole fucking lot to me.

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Nope, saw them 2-3 months before Harnlessness dropped and nothing since then. The show wasn't well attended so I doubt they'll be back to my city. Sucks because now I live two blocks from that venue.

I wish I could still drop everything and drive 2-3 hours to see them all the time like I used to do.

I said that about SDF when 20 people showed up, but they came back just to a smaller venue

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've seen them play bars, basements, skate parks, churches, and a weird industrial storage locker in the middle of nowhere. I seriously cherish all of those memories.

I've only seen them 3 times since Whenever, If Ever came out. Between Formlessness and the Whenever release show I saw them 10 times. I know some people here hate them but TWIABP mean a whole fucking lot to me.

I wasn't that cool I think Between Bodies had just come out when I found them, I wasn't really aware of them but my friend got me into Tigers Jaw and in trying to find out about these emerging "emo revival" bands, the name stuck out and I checked them out and listened to "whenever if ever",a week or two later they came to town and then I asked if my coworker wanted to go see them with me in Denver just to go to a show and I got hooked from that moment and we have gone every time they have came back since which is only twice so far

4 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I wasn't that cool I think Between Bodies had just come out when I found them, I wasn't really aware of them but my friend got me into Tigers Jaw and in trying to find out about these emerging "emo revival" bands, the name stuck out and I checked them out and listened to "whenever if ever",a week or two later they came to town and then I asked if my coworker wanted to go see them with me in Denver just to go to a show and I got hooked from that moment and we have gone every time they have came back since which is only twice so far

I'm so cool that I preordered the /100 of Formlessness.

So stoked for Formlessness Revisited this year. Gonna try to snag the whole first pressing.

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

In the last 4 years Drug Church and SDF have played here once each. The shows were the same weekend and I could only afford one. Even bands from Albany hate playing Albany.

Damn that is rough, in their defense it seems like upstate NY is garbage. I missed Drug Church last time cause I was poor so I have yet to see them. I think I only got into them last fall after diving into SDF/EOAY long enough

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm so cool that I preordered the /100 of Formlessness.

So stoked for Formlessness Revisited this year. Gonna try to snag the whole first pressing.

I'm so ready for it, I need walnut street on vinyl. I just hope I'm not poor when it drops I keep missing the rarest variant 

24 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Yoga is dope, I can almost touch my toes without bending my knees. Two months ago I could barely reach my shins

I just did some myself ;). Also Kevin, what do you think of the new Owen? If I remember correctly you're pretty into Owen.

Edited by The Butcha

2 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

I just did some myself ;). Also Kevin, what do you think of the new Owen. If I remember correctly you're pretty into Owen.

I'm thinking of increasing beyond 2 classes a week since I'm not so wiped out by it now, love seeing the progress my body is making. I haven't heard it yet, I've actually barely dove into his catalog yet, I like what I've heard, I'm just intimidated by how much there is. Maybe after this spin of ToT I'll stream it

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I've been meaning to try out yoga, just have not yet. Even though I'm super out of shape, I'm still flexible as hell. I can put my palms on the ground without bending my knees.

that's awesome I've never been that flexible, I was really overweight as a kidand then I never really got into good shape once I lost the weight at like 18-19. I think it would be good for you (or anyone really) but it really helps get out of your head and become more aware of your body, I leave every class feeling fantastic

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic