22 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

one reason why I never really got into hardcore shows, first time a person tries to body walk me, im dropping them. hard to enjoy a show when someone stepping on your head

That gets obnoxious, but we will see. I'll check out some other live footage so I know what to expect and be prepared for. I have held my own pretty okay during metal pits, so I think as long as I am wearing some decent shoes I should be alright.

27 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

one reason why I never really got into hardcore shows, first time a person tries to body walk me, im dropping them. hard to enjoy a show when someone stepping on your head

Crowd reaction/interaction is half of what I find fun about shows. I've been maliciously knocked out, accidentally knocked, had my lip split more times than I can remember. Those are all of the shows I find the most memorable.

It's been a long time since I've been in the pit, so I'm stoked to throw down at ETID soon

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Crowd reaction/interaction is half of what I find fun about shows. I've been maliciously knocked out, accidentally knocked, had my lip split more times than I can remember. Those are all of the shows I find the most memorable.

It's been a long time since I've been in the pit, so I'm stoked to throw down at ETID soon

Yeah, having fun and getting out of hand with some people who are enjoying music as much as you are is a lot of fun. As long as I don't have any injury that is too severe or long term I am totally fine with bruises and whatever. Comes with the territory. Bunch of my buddies from the nerd card shop I play at on Saturday are old hardcore kids so I'll actually know some people there who give a shit.

2 minutes ago, Holo said:

That gets obnoxious, but we will see. I'll check out some other live footage so I know what to expect and be prepared for. I have held my own pretty okay during metal pits, so I think as long as I am wearing some decent shoes I should be alright.

Situational awareness is key. If you see a stage diver coming you can prepare and it's not that bad. Watching out forbcrowd surfers coming from behind you sucks though. In the pit or on the outskirts, just pay attention and brace/protect yourself.

The only thing I really hate is dudes TRYING to hurt people in the pit.

1 minute ago, Holo said:

Yeah, having fun and getting out of hand with some people who are enjoying music as much as you are is a lot of fun. As long as I don't have any injury that is too severe or long term I am totally fine with bruises and whatever. Comes with the territory. Bunch of my buddies from the nerd card shop I play at on Saturday are old hardcore kids so I'll actually know some people there who give a shit.

There's almost always dudes who will look for people in the pit. It's rare that I've seen someone being a malicious asshole who didn't suffer immediate crowd justice.

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

There's almost always dudes who will look for people in the pit. It's rare that I've seen someone being a malicious asshole who didn't suffer immediate crowd justice.

This.

Especially if you go to shows with older/more experienced hardcore fans.  One of the last shows I went to someone decided to try something, he was drunk and looked like he was going to try to hit another dude who I guess he thought was being a dick or something.  Anyway, he didn't even make it across the pit, three dudes noticed the shift in his behavior and pushed him out of the pit before he even laid a finger on the other guy.

Edited by daegor

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Situational awareness is key. If you see a stage diver coming you can prepare and it's not that bad. Watching out forbcrowd surfers coming from behind you sucks though. In the pit or on the outskirts, just pay attention and brace/protect yourself.

The only thing I really hate is dudes TRYING to hurt people in the pit.

Yeah, that's what I have seen so far. Security has been pretty good about bouncing people who are trying to punch people in the face or something. Most of the shows I have been to have a guy on the edge of the pit. Never had them kick someone that wasn't obviously trying to seriously hurt someone. I think I told you about the fight at Periphery during Chon. I don't crowdsurf because I don't want my wallet or phone to get lost, and generally I try to keep my fists below my shoulders unless they are way above my head so I don't accidentally knock someone in the face.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My friend is crowd justice. He is childhood friends with head of security at this venue and is at least that friendly with all the other owners of venues. If someone needs fucking up he can (and has before) do it hahaha. 

2 minutes ago, daegor said:

This.

Especially if you go to shows with older/more experienced hardcore fans.  One of the last shows I went to someone decided to try something, he was drunk and looked like he was going to try to hit another dude who I guess he thought was being a dick or something.  Anyway, he didn't even make it across the pit, three dudes noticed the shift in his behavior and pushed him out of the pit before he even laid a finger on the other guy.

Good to know. Makes me feel like getting my ass kicked is more of a possibility and less of an imminent reality. Already made peace with the fact that I will probably need a wheelchair after this show though because it is going to kick so much ass.

On 13/09/2016 at 6:21 PM, The Butcha said:

Same. Not sure if you guys have this app out in NY but we have an app out here called Go Puff. Its a 24 hour convenience store delivery service. Also every order gets a free donut from Voodoo Donuts. Ordered some late night snacks last night.

Sounds like something that should belong in Half Baked.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Situational awareness is key.

Sometimes this can't even help you. I was at a small show in a VFW once and the left side of the crowd decides to pick a guy up and pass him across the top of us all and when he rolls over my head his belt buckle just happens to take my left earring with it and that was when I was at a 10 gauge. I'm pouring blood and the singer of the band is more concerned with it than I am. Flappy lobe dangling, blood running down my neck, and all I give a shit about is them playing the song.. lol

I remember back 10 years ago when I went to shows all the time I'd take my car key off the keyring and put it in my wallet and leave my phone in the car. Didn't want anything on my person that could hurt me or someone else if I was diving or moshing. I'd keep my wallet in my front pocket too.

It's younger metalcore crowds that I've seen be super shitty. Kids who wanna look tough and shit. Scene to be seen ass motherfuckers. I'm sure Beartooth is gonna bring out some shit heads for the ETID show.

Just now, THE_James_Champ said:

@The Ghost of Randy Savage found out that Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms was repressed with the remixes on a 2xLP for RSD, I had no clue. My buddy got me one for an early birthday gift!

Nice! Yeah, I think it was a euro only release, so it was probably still a little hard to get!

Just now, THE_James_Champ said:

@The Ghost of Randy Savage found out that Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms was repressed with the remixes on a 2xLP for RSD, I had no clue. My buddy got me one for an early birthday gift!

Nice! Yeah, I think it was a euro only release, so it was probably still a little hard to get!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic