9 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I just listened to the new SDF and I have to ask...since when does the singer have talent? Is it a different guy or something? I know their lineup situation is weird.

Haven't listened to the new EP yet, but Pat has been the only male vocalist on any of their releases, thus far. Also, he rules.  I support him 100% as a vocalist and a person (even though I disagree with him a lot)

43 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Haven't listened to the new EP yet, but Pat has been the only male vocalist on any of their releases, thus far. Also, he rules.  I support him 100% as a vocalist and a person (even though I disagree with him a lot)

I mean vocal style is one thing, I'm cool with his style on the other releases, but he's actually hitting notes and it's off-putting

8 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I mean vocal style is one thing, I'm cool with his style on the other releases, but he's actually hitting notes and it's off-putting

if it makes you feel like everything is right in the world he was trying to sound like the vocalist from Built To Spill on track 2, he even makes nods to it with carry the zero references

9 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

if it makes you feel like everything is right in the world he was trying to sound like the vocalist from Built To Spill on track 2, he even makes nods to it with carry the zero references

I like it actually, pretty refreshing haha. It's a good record, I listened a few times.

3 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Good Morning all on a big SY kick, had never heard "Murray Street" until yesterday and it hit me like a ton of bricks listened to it digitally then ran out and bought an lp copy and spun it twice yesterday, starting today with Daydream Nation

I approve. Only missing maybe two studio albums or something now. 

3 minutes ago, Holo said:

Uh, I think you definitely used the wrong face there. Candy and a soda is the breakfast of kings. 

I'm not a teenager anymore. It'll probably give me a stomach ache, but I just need time calories and shit to hold me over until I can go get lunch. I prefer to eat too much junk food late at night, stoned on my couch.

Morning all

23 minutes ago, Holo said:

IIRC just missing S/T, Thousand Leaves, and Confusion is Sex/Kill Yr Idols. I also have OPs Of EVOL and  Experimental Jet Set on blue

Is Experimental Jet Set in the next round of reissues?

20 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm having a kit Kat bar for breakfast :(

One step ahead of me...I'm having a Cheerwine and medicine...

13 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I prefer to eat too much junk food late at night, stoned on my couch.

This is me sucking down Mountain Dew Code Red & Debbie Cakes at 1am... I'm such a fat fuck lol

20 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm not a teenager anymore. It'll probably give me a stomach ache, but I just need time calories and shit to hold me over until I can go get lunch. I prefer to eat too much junk food late at night, stoned on my couch.

There's a doughnut place that's about a mile away in the wrong direction to be going after dark, but it has a 24h drive thru and after 10PMish will give away the doughnuts they were going to throw out so I will come with like a half dozen free ones if I buy anything and spend maybe $2. 

You inspired me. My breakfast is now coke and a candy bar. Got another one to save for later too because they were B1G1 special.

4 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all

Is Experimental Jet Set in the next round of reissues?

One step ahead of me...I'm having a Cheerwine and medicine...

This is me sucking down Mountain Dew Code Red & Debbie Cakes at 1am... I'm such a fat fuck lol

Supposedly, but I have no idea when it's coming around.

1 minute ago, nancy_raygun said:

I won a cool $1k on a radio contest this morning.  Time to finally upgrade the stereo.

Just straight cash? That's nuts. What's tax like on that though?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic