20 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm not a teenager anymore. It'll probably give me a stomach ache, but I just need time calories and shit to hold me over until I can go get lunch. I prefer to eat too much junk food late at night, stoned on my couch.

There's a doughnut place that's about a mile away in the wrong direction to be going after dark, but it has a 24h drive thru and after 10PMish will give away the doughnuts they were going to throw out so I will come with like a half dozen free ones if I buy anything and spend maybe $2. 

You inspired me. My breakfast is now coke and a candy bar. Got another one to save for later too because they were B1G1 special.

4 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all

Is Experimental Jet Set in the next round of reissues?

One step ahead of me...I'm having a Cheerwine and medicine...

This is me sucking down Mountain Dew Code Red & Debbie Cakes at 1am... I'm such a fat fuck lol

Supposedly, but I have no idea when it's coming around.

1 minute ago, nancy_raygun said:

I won a cool $1k on a radio contest this morning.  Time to finally upgrade the stereo.

Just straight cash? That's nuts. What's tax like on that though?

17 minutes ago, Holo said:

Just straight cash? That's nuts. What's tax like on that though?

It's been a while since my last tax accounting course, but I just looked it up and Missouri will hold 4% for state tax and I shouldn't have any federal withholdings.  I'll just have to declare it on my next tax return as Other Income.

7 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I'm selling tickets for the homecoming dance which I do not support for the third day in a row

I'm going to be fucking shit up on Homecoming. Saturday for the actual dance I will be at Within These Walls (indoor fest at a 1k cap venue with Judge and American Nightmare headlining) which runs almost all day, and then during the football game on Friday I have tickets for the Kitzumonogatari movie they're actually showing in theaters stateside (it'll be the first movie I see in theaters in well over a year).

2 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

It's been a while since my last tax accounting course, but I just looked it up and Missouri will hold 4% for state tax and I shouldn't have any federal withholdings.  I'll just have to declare it on my next tax return as Other Income.

Huh, I always heard that winnings like that were taxed out the ass like lottery winnings or something. What gear you eyeballing then?

2 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

No prize tax? 

4 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

youre in KC? this whole time?

4 minutes ago, Holo said:

Huh, I always heard that winnings like that were taxed out the ass like lottery winnings or something. What gear you eyeballing then?

Might be later, for now I don't think it'll be too bad.  I'm not sure on the gear, I've been wanting a U-Turn for a while.  But everything on my list is cheap upgrades, my instinct is telling me to jump a couple steps.  I'll have to do more research.

7 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

youre in KC? this whole time?

Moved here almost a year ago

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Anyone got the odds on Rez getting his ass kicked during Judge?

My friend from the card shop is an old hardcore kid. He's 35 now but has a bunch of hardcore (and weeb) tattoos and plans on getting another band logo before the show. He apologized in advance because he said there was a 99% chance he punches me in the face if I am in the American Nightmare pit. He used to be in a band that opened for American Nightmare on a tour once upon a time and is still pretty friendly with them too. Awesome dude.

Also was telling me about a show just after Jane Doe came out ish that American Nightmare and Converge played at the Nile Underground (Nile Theater's basement, maybe 150 cap tops) where AN's vocalist was too sick to go on and Converge's did a set with AN. RIP hopes and dreams. I still want to see Converge anywhere, but that's amazing.

Are we not taking bets on Dillinger Escape Plan too? Can I bet against myself? I keep half joking about needing a wheelchair after having AN/Judge fest and DEP in the same weekend, and I don't think she realizes how out of hand it will get. Thank god or I probably couldn't go hahahaha. To be fair, I have been somewhat holding my own. I tore up Thrice and Carcass.

3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm not a teenager anymore. It'll probably give me a stomach ache, but I just need time calories and shit to hold me over until I can go get lunch. I prefer to eat too much junk food late at night, stoned on my couch.

Same. Not sure if you guys have this app out in NY but we have an app out here called Go Puff. Its a 24 hour convenience store delivery service. Also every order gets a free donut from Voodoo Donuts. Ordered some late night snacks last night.

7 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Same. Not sure if you guys have this app out in NY but we have an app out here called Go Puff. Its a 24 hour convenience store delivery service. Also every order gets a free donut from Voodoo Donuts. Ordered some late night snacks last night.

Stop making Portland sound even more inviting....

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Welllllp. Went for an interview to change funeral homes within my company today...without realizing what I was asking for, asked for a $10k/year raise (pre-tax). :lol::blink:

Nice, good luck John. Be awesome if you get it.

1 minute ago, The Butcha said:

Hope you get it dude!

Meeeee too. Thanks! :)

The interview went really well, and it's my old boss who really seems to like me...so I'm hopInsert other media eful. I went into the interview very wishy-washy about the whole thing because I really do like the funeral home I'm at...but they were like, "So how much money do you want?" and I had just been talking with people about what the going rate for funeral directors was/had gotten another offer for way more than I currently get, so I was a little hot about the whole thing and I asked for ~$5/hour more than I get currently...then I calculated it up in the car and was like..."Oh shit. That's a bunch of money." :P

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Stop making Portland sound even more inviting....

Nice, good luck John. Be awesome if you get it.

Thanks! :)

Also Portland is pretty rad even though I'm an old dude and live out in the burbs/don't take advantage of all it has to offer. Just knowing it's there is enough for me.

2 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Haha, its pretty rad! The delivery fee is only $2 too. They also sell random "essentials" too. Toilet paper, laundry detergent, bongs, ect. Plusssssss free donuts!

Damn, $2 is nothing when it comes to laziness sometimes. Also free donut!

Edited by Thomas³

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic