49 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Thanks for mentioning Sunn O))) @jonrawks. Grabbed tickets for that DC show so I can catch them finally!

Nice!  I saw them in late 2012 and it was a very memorable show.  We were right at the stage and the girl I was seeing at the time had to move because it was so loud that she felt sick, haha.  Even had earplugs in.

7 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

I really hope for a SunnO))) tour without Attila.  He's cool at times, but at others, meh.

I'd like to see them with just Anderson and O'Malley for sure.  Attila and someone doing synth was with them when I saw them.  It was real cool by all means, but I would love a seeing just the two of them.  Whatever Attila has going on for headgear right now is super rad though.

Edited by jonrawks

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

I'd like to see them with just Anderson and O'Malley for sure.  Attila and someone doing synth was with them when I saw them.  It was real cool by all means, but I would love a seeing just the two of them.  Whatever Attila has going on for headgear right now is super rad though.

I saw them a couple of times as a duo. It was super awesome.  I saw them as a 4 piece with 3 guitars and a bassist once too.

18 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

I saw them a couple of times as a duo. It was super awesome.  I saw them as a 4 piece with 3 guitars and a bassist once too.

For them starting in Seattle, they sure don't play here much, haha.  Almost completely sure the show I went to was the only one they've done in the 7+ years I've been here.  Super jealous about the duo show.

Also, ended up buying my ticket for the Brooklyn show.  Thanks whiskey and watching a movie that takes place in NYC!  Not really sure if I'm going to front load my trip with the show or if that'll be the end, but I'll probably be spending at least 4 days there.

We have to hang out.

For them starting in Seattle, they sure don't play here much, haha.  Almost completely sure the show I went to was the only one they've done in the 7+ years I've been here.  Super jealous about the duo show.

They played Philadelphia a lot.  I think I have seen them 11 times at this point.

11 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Nice!  I saw them in late 2012 and it was a very memorable show.  We were right at the stage and the girl I was seeing at the time had to move because it was so loud that she felt sick, haha.  Even had earplugs in.

I think the fog machines will bother me more haha. I figure if I can see The Locust and  a few other heavy noise outfits in small venues and still have my hearing, I will be just fine :) 

That Margo Price album is so great, starting out the day with it before I gotta go to work. "I killed the angel on my shoulder with a handle of tequila so I wouldn't have to spend the night alone"

9 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I think the fog machines will bother me more haha. I figure if I can see The Locust and  a few other heavy noise outfits in small venues and still have my hearing, I will be just fine :) 

just picked up that 5" pic disc split of the locust haha, the shop down the street has the puzzle 7" I've always kind of wanted one but I dunno about $15 want one

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

just picked up that 5" pic disc split of the locust haha, the shop down the street has the puzzle 7" I've always kind of wanted one but I dunno about $15 want one

It's one of those "I am a staunch Locust fan so I must have it" items for sure. The puzzle ones have been spun once maybe, and the single disc black one is the copy I use on the regular. I'm at that pricing decision myself over the new Ed Gein 7 inch. I told myself stop buying them, but it is new and I really want it, but I don't feel $15 with shipping for it... :(  Impasse.... 

8 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

It's one of those "I am a staunch Locust fan so I must have it" items for sure. The puzzle ones have been spun once maybe, and the single disc black one is the copy I use on the regular. I'm at that pricing decision myself over the new Ed Gein 7 inch. I told myself stop buying them, but it is new and I really want it, but I don't feel $15 with shipping for it... :(  Impasse.... 

Yeah, I bought like 1 7" in 2016...until I saw that new Ed Gein.

At least Hex is REALLY good about their shipping prices. It was $2 for me.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic