11 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

It's a five hour time difference, bit with the layovers I have it's gonna take me 15 hours to get there. I'm gonna load up my computer with every episode of Seinfeld to kill the time. Haha. I'm leaving Richmond at 2pm and getting into Boston. Then I'm flying into Ireland. Then I'm flying into London. The extra stop is what made the flight pretty damn cheap so I can't complain too much. I get in at 10am local time so it'll be 5am mentally for me. The Boston to Ireland leg is 6 hours so I'm hoping I sleep on that even thought it'll only be like 7pm when I leave for that part. Haha. 

Connecting flights is a journey I can luckily say I have avoided so far in my travels through the air. That last leg seems like the perfect time for headphones & chill for sure. Seinfeld? Alright now Joey Bada$$... lol

8 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Connecting flights is a journey I can luckily say I have avoided so far in my travels through the air. That last leg seems like the perfect time for headphones & chill for sure. Seinfeld? Alright now Joey Bada$$... lol

Unless is significantly cheaper (like a few hundred dollars less), it's worth it to me to pay a bit extra for direct flights or to keep layovers to a bare minimum.  I realized in the last year or two that it's worth the extra money to avoid more travel time and hassle.

19 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Unless is significantly cheaper (like a few hundred dollars less), it's worth it to me to pay a bit extra for direct flights or to keep layovers to a bare minimum.  I realized in the last year or two that it's worth the extra money to avoid more travel time and hassle.

I can agree with you there. Flying is complicated enough and I feel slower the older I get so it's worth it to stay on one plane if possible

51 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Two connections was under $600 round trip. One connection was like $1100. Direct was a ridiculous $1600+. Haha. I'm definitely ok with paying less and having my flight be a little longer.  Most of it is in layovers honestly.

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Oh you know it. I got my Spotify playlists downloaded. I'm good to go. I don't mind the long travel time cause I added a day to my trip so it's not like I'm losing anything. Plus I get a whole three weeks in London. Can't wait ot hit up Rough Trade and Banquet!

21 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Two connections was under $600 round trip. One connection was like $1100. Direct was a ridiculous $1600+. Haha. I'm definitely ok with paying less and having my flight be a little longer.  Most of it is in layovers honestly.

Yeah, that's a major difference.  I'd suffer the layovers too.  I consider my time valuable, but  not that valuable :)

4 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Yeah, that's a major difference.  I'd suffer the layovers too.  I consider my time valuable, but  not that valuable :)

Hahahah same. If it was within the US I'd be like yeah, fine, I'll pay the difference, but when it's international the difference is crazy expensive.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I just picked up my Chinese food, then will start hunkering down for the night.

I did Chinese food on Christmas (and just finished my leftovers yesterday).  I'm starting my hunker down too.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Ordered a pizza, poured a drink, and now I'm gonna hope I figure out what I want to watch on Netflix by the time the food gets here.

Pizza is on the way for me!  

5 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Went to pick up my January whiskey today...ended up getting January and February.

I have 1/3rd of my Christmas whiskey (Basil Hayden's) left over.  I'm going to tap into it once I eat. 

Happy New Year everyone!  I'm going to spend my night drinking on the couch and chilling with my dog.

50 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

On my way to see Rainer Maria

Actually Jealous!

17 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I did Chinese food on Christmas (and just finished my leftovers yesterday).  I'm starting my hunker down too.

I have 1/3rd of my Christmas whiskey (Basil Hayden's) left over.  I'm going to tap into it once I eat. 

Happy New Year everyone!  I'm going to spend my night drinking on the couch and chilling with my dog.

Sounds awesome! :)

Grabbed a Nikka Coffey Grain and a Willett Pot Still Reserve today. Next up...I have no idea! I'm torn between 4 scotches :wacko:

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Ordered a pizza, poured a drink, and now I'm gonna hope I figure out what I want to watch on Netflix by the time the food gets here.

i started watching the Travelers which is good so far.  stranger things of course is amazing. OA was interesting and i liked it.there's also a documentary on rats that looks cool.  Oooooooh  Lovesick was funny

49 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

it'll be the first new years where my dog and i are apart but i'll see her tomorrow.  she's living with my brother  temporarily. 

15 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

i started watching the Travelers which is good so far.  stranger things of course is amazing. OA was interesting and i liked it.there's also a documentary on rats that looks cool.  Oooooooh  Lovesick was funny

I'm 3 episodes into The OA and plan on watching #4 later tonight.  I like it, but I don't love it.  Her and the director did a movie called Sound of My Voice that I really liked, so I'm giving it more of a chance than I probably would otherwise.

13 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

it'll be the first new years where my dog and i are apart but i'll see her tomorrow.  she's living with my brother  temporarily. 

This is the second year that I've rung in the NY with my dog.  He doesn't go nuts over fireworks, which makes it a little easier, haha!

46 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Grabbed a Nikka Coffey Grain and a Willett Pot Still Reserve today. Next up...I have no idea! I'm torn between 4 scotches :wacko:

Sounds like a wonderful position to be in!

13 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I'm 3 episodes into The OA and plan on watching #4 later tonight.  I like it, but I don't love it.  Her and the director did a movie called Sound of My Voice that I really liked, so I'm giving it more of a chance than I probably would otherwise.

This is the second year that I've rung in the NY with my dog.  He doesn't go nuts over fireworks, which makes it a little easier, haha!

i think my dog is deaf...  she doesn't bark anymore.  since i've been back a month ago, i have not heard any barking.  poor thing

let me know what you think of OA once you're done.  i stayed up all night and binged the whole season.

28 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

let me know what you think of OA once you're done.  i stayed up all night and binged the whole season.

I will do my best to report back.  I'm watching one a day, so I should be done on Wednesday.  I've heard the ending is silly, which intrigues me more oddly enough.

57 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

It is!

Just want everyone to know that I knocked it out of the park tonight with dinner.

Made this:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/bacon-wrapped-scallops-with-spicy-mayo-recipe.html

11 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

the ending is exactly what i wanted to discuss... that's all i'm gonna say as of now lol

I haven't read this yet, but the tweet about it increased my curiosity (he's one of my favorite TV critics).  Plan on reading it once I finish up.  There are gifs if that sells you at all!

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-oa-netflix-spoiler-recap-review/

Edited by jonrawks

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

I haven't read this yet, but the tweet about it increased my curiosity (he's one of my favorite TV critics).  Plan on reading it once I finish up.  There are gifs if that sells you at all!

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-oa-netflix-spoiler-recap-review/

Don't read it. He basically has zero clue what he's talking about, and comes off really ignorant about it.

9 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Don't read it. He basically has zero clue what he's talking about, and comes off really ignorant about it.

I'll probably still read it once I've finished it.  His opinions align with mine pretty regularly.  Not saying that he can't be wrong by any means, just that traditionally I'm on the same wave length with the bulk of his reviews.

Edit : I very rarely read reviews before I've seen something too.  I like to read them after I've made my own thoughts on a show/movie/whatever and then to see what someone else's perspective is compared to mine.

Edited by jonrawks
penises

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Actually Jealous!

Sounds awesome! :)

Rainer Maria was awesome... new record soon. They played so much off of Look Now, Look Again as well as the Atlantic... awesome set... oh yeah and Tinfoil.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic