The appeal of his jokes was never that he was swearing on stage, even in the "7 words" bit that ended up in the Supreme Court.

Anything prior to the 90s is okay, but from then on he only got more sardonic, sharp, and hyper critical of society.

I don't really have time to sift through YouTube looking for the good stuff right now. Maybe later. But here's a nice, short clip.

Yeah I didn't hate that video cause it makes some decent social commentary but didn't even make me chuckle. Some as everything else I've heard of his. Must just not be for me.

Must not. I think he was among the most unique and incisive social commentators of our time. He had a thorough grasp of language and culture and elevated stand up as an art form unto itself. It goes beyond just "a funny thing happened on my way to work the other day."

He mixed commentary, wit, and philosophy with the occasional dick and fart joke. And the last five years, it's a shame we haven't had him around. If the joke is society in general, the punch line is only getting funnier.

Is the Vans Warped Tour really worth standing in the heat to see some okay bands, and maybe meet them?

Factor in to the price about $30 worth of concessions (a meal and a lot of overpriced waters). Check the actual lineup for your venue (they advertise a lot of bands that only end up playing part of the tour). Make a call for yourself.

I haven't been since '05 cause the 5 or so bands I wanted to see each year wasn't enough to deal with the giant crowds, crazy heat, and a bunch of other little negatives. Don't even really look for the lineup anymore. But give me the lineups that were playing in early 2000s? I'd go in a heartbeat.

Another simple way to put it -- if you don't see at least say, 8 bands that you at least think "I wouldn't mind seeing them" then no. Just wait for individual shows.

Warped is terrible this year. Every year I say I'm going to stop going and this is the year in which I finally listen to my promises.

Lineup sucks, crowd sucks, setup sucks, environment sucks. Why go?

Just to accent that even more, I get in for free every year yet I still wouldn't go. Not even to hang in the press area and do interviews all day.

Also why isn't Veep up on IPTorrents yet this is disappointing.

I do use fresh ground coffee. One of my friends works at a coffee shop in Portland, and ships me out some coffee every now and then. It is a lighter roast that I usually aero press, but my every day coffee is usually dark and I grind it for a flat paper filter.

I may have to try fresh ground coffe sometime then

Cleaned my diet up a ton but still have a weakness for ranch dressing. Bottled stuff supposed to be horrible for you. Obviously home made not perfect but at least you can make it with whole ingredients. Think I'm gonna try tonight.

My girlfriend and I are trying to eat healtier and everything too. Her weakness is chips and mine is basically everything. Haha,

I needed to catch up a bit. Haven't been on here since Thursday. Hope everyone's weekend was good

i went last year, but i was shooting for epitaph. i knew it wasnt a real photo gig, but i wanted shoot. so i went to the 3 warped shows they had in texas. i could do whatever i want just make sure to shoot their bands when they were on. which was kinda cool because they would have been the only bands i would have gone and jammed out too. except for a few. The Ghost Inside, Every Time I Die and New Found Glory were the fun ones...but Falling In Reverse and Skip The Foreplay were rough. Though the dudes in Skip The Foreplay were pretty cool. im most likely gonna shoot the 3 texas dates this year again, probably not for epitaph but ill get another way in. 

it was embarrassing to see a 13yo with a tank top that read "sex - drugs - dubstep"...at warped tour.

Anybody into kayaking? I just started about a month ago and I've really been enjoying it. Solid workout paired with peaceful moments on the water; lots of thinking gets done out there.

Nice! I enjoy kayaking but don't have one so I rarely ever go. But I do run, and definitely describe what I get out of it the same way, just replace water with road haha

Nice! I enjoy kayaking but don't have one so I rarely ever go. But I do run, and definitely describe what I get out of it the same way, just replace water with road haha

Totally feel you about running too! Those are basically the two forms of exercise that I get regularly. Endorphins!

My mother informed me last night that she & my father are adopting a 7 year old yellow lab today because his owner was going to be bringing him to the shelter if noone took him in. :( My dad couldn't say no. Poor pup.

So now my brother's (who lives there) 2 year old yellow lab will have a friend! I just hope they get along well.

My mother informed me last night that she & my father are adopting a 7 year old yellow lab today because his owner was going to be bringing him to the shelter if noone took him in. :( My dad couldn't say no. Poor pup.

So now my brother's (who lives there) 2 year old yellow lab will have a friend! I just hope they get along well.

I was a little disappointed when you said yellow lab, but I'm glad you're not buying a puppy new, adopting is the best choice when it comes to pets.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic