I didn't know what to do, I didn't want some woman going off on me if I said something, but why wouldn't SHE say something to her little asshole kid.

I swear kids are out of control these days. And parents are just like. Meh.

This 4 year old kid on the plane yesterday was standing on the armrests of his chair as we were about to land and the seat belt sign was on. The dad was sitting right next to him watching tv and I had to tap ok his shoulder and remind him of his kid!

Hahaha! I didn't even think of that! I did find a journal about some of her work, but I will definitely check this out. I'm sure it will, thank you!. Anyway, I think I figured out most everything I thought I needed help with.

Cool! Let me know if you need any more ideas. And ya, she is kind of obsessed with her chimps. It's weird. It sort of creeped me out.

Boys behaving like that - thinking it's okay to just touch women and have it be ok - is exactly why we're in the predicament we are these days with rape and sexual harassment.  It makes me SO MAD.

I don't think I would've even had a chance to watch what I said before immediately reacting to someone - kid or not - touching me where they aren't supposed to be touching me.  Something along the lines of "Are you kidding me?" would've been my immediate reaction.

Holy hypersensitivity Batman!

I agree, what the kid did was completely uncalled for, but to assume that a dumb kid, with an equally dumb mom (way to help the gender mom), is going to be a rapist is a bit much. Huh?, you should have called him and his mom out...if only for the troll lulz, but mainly to put it in that kid's head that what he did was not okay. The fact that you laughed it off doesn't really help if you think about it.

Not trying to jump on you here Huh?...just adding my $0.02 like everyone else.

I agree, what the kid did was completely uncalled for, but to assume that a dumb kid, with an equally dumb mom (way to help the gender mom), is going to be a rapist is a bit much. Huh?, you should have called him and his mom out...if only for the troll lulz, but mainly to put it in that kid's head that what he did was not okay. The fact that you laughed it off doesn't really help if you think about it.

No.  The fact that the mother didn't do anything to support the fact that it's wrong to do such a thing will only help people's idea that doing things to other people against their will is okay.  The teaching of right vs wrong when it comes to harassment starts at birth.  A 16 year old boy with a boner doesn't just decide he's going to stick it into someone without their consent.

I was so caught off guard and shocked, it was just my awkward reaction to laugh. And I just don’t see where it’s my place to discipline this kid in the middle of a store, I try to have as little interaction with kids as possible. I looked at the mom for some sort of reaction and got nothing, so I said f it.

No.  The fact that the mother didn't do anything to support the fact that it's wrong to do such a thing will only help people's idea that doing things to other people against their will is okay.

I am confused...are you arguing with me, or agreeing, because I thought I made that point when I said someone (ideally mom, but in this case, Huh? had an opportunity to do so as well) needs to put it in this kid's head that he was in the wrong.

The teaching of right vs wrong when it comes to harassment starts at birth.

Yeah, because babies totally understand the implications of this kind of stuff... :rolleyes:

A 16 year old boy with a boner doesn't just decide he's going to stick it into someone without their consent.

Exactly. It is up to the people in that kid's life to drill the whole right/wrong thing into their brain. Once again, I thought I made that point...

This might sound insensitive but Madie, was this little boy and his mom black? Hip hop culture shows more so than others, that degrading women is fine and I could see the mom my caring because she would see it as a compliment?!? Or maybe this mom only feels good when her body is complimented and has super shallow views on that kind of behavior.

I was so caught off guard and shocked, it was just my awkward reaction to laugh. And I just don’t see where it’s my place to discipline this kid in the middle of a store, I try to have as little interaction with kids as possible. I looked at the mom for some sort of reaction and got nothing, so I said f it.

Believe me, I get it. I still think you should have said something, but I ain't mad at ya.

This might sound insensitive but Madie, was this little boy and his mom black?

yup. I live in a terrible neighborhood and that's why I wasn't about to start something with this woman.

This might sound insensitive but Madie, was this little boy and his mom black? Hip hop culture shows more so than others, that degrading women is fine and I could see the mom my caring because she would see it as a compliment?!? Or maybe this mom only feels good when her body is complimented and has super shallow views on that kind of behavior.

this was weird

I am confused...are you arguing with me, or agreeing, because I thought I made that point when I said someone (ideally mom, but in this case, Huh? had an opportunity to do so as well) needs to put it in this kid's head that he was in the wrong.

Yeah, because babies totally understand the implications of this kind of stuff... :rolleyes:

Exactly. It is up to the people in that kid's life to drill the whole right/wrong thing into their brain. Once again, I thought I made that point...

I was disagreeing with your comments of hypersensitivity and thinking it's too much to say he'll one day be a rapist.  Because it's just not true.  Your right, there is story after story of men raping people and thinking it's okay because of upbringing.  But it's society as a whole that constantly blames the victim claiming "Well they were asking for it since they...." and complete that with any line that immediately jumps into your brain.  It goes beyond the people in someone's life teaching them right/wrong.  That's why I don't think it's about it being "too much" or hypersensitive.  It leads you right down the same path of protecting the aggressor.

I won't even touch the baby comment.

Believe me, I get it. I still think you should have said something, but I ain't mad at ya.

well i'm super mad at you PUDDING HAT!!!!

can't even take anything seriously with that name anymore haha

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic