In 7th grade I was taken to the doctor and tested for all kinds of allergies because I had this nasty cough and was leaving the country for a few weeks; they shoved this huge cotton swab up my nose that was about 8 inches long or so, x-rays, etc. Found NOTHING. Gave me one of those powder inhaler cartridge things...didn't help either. 

I'm going to stab a doctor when they tell me I actually do have allergies (which i know is easily possible because your body flushes/changes every 7 years or so)

I always wanted an allergy test as a kid because I was afraid of dying by accident (if you've heard my childhood stories, this doesn't even seem crazy.) 

Anyway, I told my mom this and she goes "all they're going to do is stick hundreds of needles in your arms." 

I never brought it up again.

Duuuuh, your hair color/texture changes every seven years as well.

That's why I went from having straight blonde hair to super curly brown hair.

Yup! At age 14 my eyesight got super terrible, got contacts.  Age 21, eyes reject contacts and allergies take over my life.

Coincedence? I think nope!

I always wanted an allergy test as a kid because I was afraid of dying by accident (if you've heard my childhood stories, this doesn't even seem crazy.) 

Anyway, I told my mom this and she goes "all they're going to do is stick hundreds of needles in your arms." 

I never brought it up again.

It's more like 30, and it isn't even that bad (says the person that's been stuck with thousands of needles)

& they're tiiiiiiiiiiiny.  It's more like jabs with the needles diabetics use for testing their blood sugar (says another person that's been stuck with thousands of needles)

Yep. The test is basically designed with little kids in mind since that's the age most people get it done. My little sister tested positive for like half the things and had to get like 40 more and didn't complain. It goes through the smallest layer of skin to just make a little bubble on the surface.

Nope, can't do it. I had three shots in each arm on my 16th birthday. I cried for like a week straight. 

Let's not forget when they had to prick my finger before taking my blood and someone had to come pick me up from school because it was my finger and I was freaking out.

Nope, can't do it. I had three shots in each arm on my 16th birthday. I cried for like a week straight. 

Let's not forget when they had to prick my finger before taking my blood and someone had to come pick me up from school because it was my finger and I was freaking out.

It's way less than either of those things though. Not even deep enough to make you bleed.

no i do not!!!! Hahaha.

At least I've actually handled getting my blood taken well (except the finger prick part), I just close my eyes and look away. I also have to tell them not to talk to me. My sister actually passed out and fell on to the floor when she had hers taken.

have you ever given money to someone, knowing you'll never see it again?

my friend keeps asking me for money. I've know her since we were 8, been best friends for a long time.

she's dating a drug dealer, their trailer recently got raided and they found heroin in the baby's room, so she moved back to my part of town. (she claims it was a set up, because they found a pair of black rubber gloves on the roof????) and she's asked me for 50 bucks twice now saying she needs diapers and stuff. I don't know what to do.

someone did call child protective services on her,  and I've been secretly hoping the kid gets taken away. I can't deal

and I feel responsible for all of it because I introduced her to her man.

have you ever given money to someone, knowing you'll never see it again?

my friend keeps asking me for money. I've know her since we were 8, been best friends for a long time.

she's dating a drug dealer, their trailer recently got raided and they found heroin in the baby's room, so she moved back to my part of town. (she claims it was a set up, because they found a pair of black rubber gloves on the roof????) and she's asked me for 50 bucks twice now saying she needs diapers and stuff. I don't know what to do.

someone did call child protective services on her,  and I've been secretly hoping the kid gets taken away. I can't deal

and I feel responsible for all of it because I introduced her to her man.

That's horrible :/ 

I would definitely have trouble saying no, but it's probably not the smartest move to give her money.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic