I had a friend with a kid going through a hard time last year. He was asking around for $300 to bridge his suspension at work and when he'd return. I knew I'd never see it again but gave him $150. He contacted me a couple months later telling me he was about to pay me back then I never heard from him again. I gave it knowing it was a donation and only gave what I could afford. Now I see him posting photos of tattoos and toys on Facebook and I've debated whether I call him out or just leave it be and leave our "friendship" dormant. In the short term I am confident he bought groceries and diapers. In the long run he's irresponsible and not particularly trustworthy. Sigh. 

That's horrible :/ 

I would definitely have trouble saying no, but it's probably not the smartest move to give her money.

I've distanced myself from her very much, because I don't want any part of that life any more, but I still see her and I want to help. And I can't say no for the life of me. It's very hard. And she seems totally there mentally still. She's very smart, graduated Number 3 in our class, was in nursing school but dropped out.

Nope, can't do it. I had three shots in each arm on my 16th birthday. I cried for like a week straight.

Let's not forget when they had to prick my finger before taking my blood and someone had to come pick me up from school because it was my finger and I was freaking out.

When I had my knee drained, the needle looked like a straw. Most painful experience

have you ever given money to someone, knowing you'll never see it again?

my friend keeps asking me for money. I've know her since we were 8, been best friends for a long time.

she's dating a drug dealer, their trailer recently got raided and they found heroin in the baby's room, so she moved back to my part of town. (she claims it was a set up, because they found a pair of black rubber gloves on the roof????) and she's asked me for 50 bucks twice now saying she needs diapers and stuff. I don't know what to do.

someone did call child protective services on her, and I've been secretly hoping the kid gets taken away. I can't deal

and I feel responsible for all of it because I introduced her to her man.

Give diapers

It's billing day at the office where my friend works, so she doesn't know when she's getting out and I'm so hungry! 

But she's one of my few friends that doesn't mentally stress me out, so I need her company so bad. 

(I thought I was actually going to get through without one of my higher maintenance friends bitching about life, but that would be too nice, I suppose. I cut all the negative/bad people out of my life but sadly, even some of the great people still weigh on me pretty hard with all the difficult stuff in their life. I'm okay with people leaning on me but when it's every single day and the same problems, you can only handle so much.)

It's billing day at the office where my friend works, so she doesn't know when she's getting out and I'm so hungry! 

But she's one of my few friends that doesn't mentally stress me out, so I need her company so bad. 

(I thought I was actually going to get through without one of my higher maintenance friends bitching about life, but that would be too nice, I suppose. I cut all the negative/bad people out of my life but sadly, even some of the great people still weigh on me pretty hard with all the difficult stuff in their life. I'm okay with people leaning on me but when it's every single day and the same problems, you can only handle so much.)

I understand if you're hungry, have a glass of water and a piece of fruit and try to hold yourself over. People are weird but I'm glad you cut those that are negative out of your life!

Hahaha, I had a granola bar and some tea! I'm not too worried about it. I went 12+ hours without food yesterday, oops. 

Cutting out negative people is very, very important to anyone's well being. I just wish some of my friends would find another support system for a few days to give me a break, but there isn't really a good way to tell anyone that. So I deal.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic