frogstomp pre-order

JoeyZPD

I sense a bit of sarcasm...

I'll have to keep an eye out for this.. I love Silverchair but have nothing of theirs on vinyl. Although, I'm really just in need of the first 3 albums, they dropped off pretty hard after that.. IMO

no, honestly...none at all. its refreshing to see someone new make a thread that isnt like "oh no a damaged record came in the mail what do i dooooo?!?!" or other pointless bullshit.

when it goes up im sure you'll find it posted on the boards. im still on the fence about getting this.

Oh, right on. Well, thanks then.

I'd like to find a reasonably priced copy of Neon Ballroom, but this re-pressing kind of soothes my need/desire for Silverchair records on vinyl. Although, I'm sure upon actually getting this in the mail, I'll feel all the more pressure to have the other two.. 

Such is the life of a record collector, I suppose.

holy shit this is SO DAMN EXCITING.  i have almost caved and bought an original press so many times but caught myself by hoping this will get repressed.  

also totally in for a freak show repress.  

Likewise.  The audiophile in me said that the old pressings of Frogstomp and Freakshow are likely not made for crazy people like me, more for people who want cool looking green and yellow vinyl.

Um, stoked!

Speaking of 1995...now I'm hoping SRC will do a run of 1996 releases next year... such a great year for alternarock:

Local H- As Good As Dead

Far- Tin Cans with Strings to You

Reel Big Fish- Turn the Radio Off

Cake- Fashion Nugget

eels- Beautiful Freak

Tool- Ænima

Marilyn Manson- Antichrist Superstar

Failure-Fantastic Planet

All of these desperately need a pressing/repre$$ing.

• 1 month later...

Silverchair got better with each album in my opinion. A great example of a band maturing throughout their career. I can see how people who really connected with their early stuff could write off the later releases, but for me it seemed like their sound grew along with my tastes in music.

I'd love to see a Diorama repress, or for someone to sell me an of one for a reasonable price. That and Young Modern are nearly perfect.

Side note, saw them in 97 on Daniel John's 18th birthday. Scott Lucas (of Local H, who was opening) came out and led the crowd to sing happy birthday to him. So, yeah, that was cool.

My feelings on Silverchair exactly, Serum. I'd love to see their whole catalog repressed. A lot of it was only pressed in crazy small quantities (Young Modern and Diorama are both /500 I think). Hopefully if Frogstomp is successful we'll see some of their other albums.