The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Haha thanks man.

I do love the Poltergeist OST and probably wouldn't mind having a slightly less staticky copy. I may pick up a clear at some point as a "working copy". But for now, this was my goal and I made it haha.

Anyone know the reason why GID vinyl sounds like donkey poop? Ive always been curious of why this is? Doesn't seem like it should be any different than any other colored vinyl.

Anyone know the reason why GID vinyl sounds like donkey poop? Ive always been curious of why this is? Doesn't seem like it should be any different than any other colored vinyl.

I don't know the science behind it or anything, but it's something in what makes it glow that adds some sort of surface irritation.  Any record with glow or glitter or somethign similar suffers the same fate.

Something on a microscopic level is rougher around the edges on glow plastic and it comes out as surface noise on a TT.

Response from Mondo:

So sorry for the extended delay! That's correct, we are still currently waiting to receive the Ghibli vinyl in from our manufacturer. We expect to start shipping these out on Sept. 13th and will work to get all orders fulfilled as quickly as possible. You will receive a confirmation email with tracking information as soon as your order leaves our fulfillment center.

Thanks so much for your continued patience and understanding. Please let me know if you have further questions!

So, at least we have a tentative date...?

Surprised no one has posted this yet.  From their blog:

GHIBLI (Records & Shirts)… Up until now we’ve been weary of giving concrete ship dates on this only because, well, to be honest, we didn’t have an exact date. The good news is they ship from the plant early next week. We expect 2-3 days for delivery from the plant to us, and from there shipping the records are our top priority. Turn around should be pretty quick on those. Shirts, are scheduled to arrive late next week as well. We will ship the two simultaneously. Timed out pretty strange in that regard, but that’s where we are with those. I want to sincerely apologize for the delays. They were completely unexpected. Unlike MAN OF STEEL where we forewarned about shipping delays, we thought we would have the GHILBI items have in hand within our self-proposed 3-4 weeks shipping window, but unfortunately it was out of our control. Thank you so much for your patience.

I think I'm the only one that isn't really that bothered by the shipping delays. If they were a shady company and I was worried about my record not coming, like that Soul Temple label that has put out the last few Ghostface records, then I'd be getting frustrated with them. But, I appreciate their products, and I appreciate the quality of them, and they seem to be pretty good about responding to emails. So, if it takes them a while to ship something out because their business is doing well, I can live with that. If I get it now, or in a month or two, I'll live.

That being said, it's cool that these are just about to ship.