The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

$7 media mail is up there too

i was thinking they sent standard 3-5 day though

Shipping costs, shipping speed, mediocre mailing techniques, staggered drops, random colored cracker jack boxes, price, etc...

Fact is though, if you've ever really wanted a Mondo vinyl release and were on time for a drop, you've been able to snag one with ease, no problem until today (and possibly the Howls variant).

Random inserts are the absolute worst thing about Mondo. Just sell the variant from the store and have the black be store copies.

It makes so much sense to me as a collector and I just can't fathom why they do it the way they do it. unless they think their sales would fall apart without people buying multiple copies and flipping on ebay.

I'm speaking about Mondo in general. Vinyl, posters, etc. Only thing I've cared about from them as far as vinyl is the Drive soundtrack. Maybe Halloween.

I honestly have no clue what I'd do with a Tales of the Crypt 7".

I suggest not buying it.

Well done, step 1 to not having it affect your life is complete!

There is no step 2, you win!!!!

I'm speaking about Mondo in general. Vinyl, posters, etc. Only thing I've cared about from them as far as vinyl is the Drive soundtrack. Maybe Halloween.

I honestly have no clue what I'd do with a Tales of the Crypt 7".

Whatever you do just make sure it never ever sees the stylus of your turntable! That's about the worst thing that anyone can do with their Mondo vinyl!

Got black my second choice. Happy enough. Stupid shipping. I'm a chump. The eyeball gimmick is cool.

I think if you ask most people what their favorite thing about Mondo vinyl is, it's the fact thats it's a marriage between the extremely popular Mondo poster art world blended with some cool soundtracks on vinyl. I think in that sense the die-cut cover really isn't "gimmicky" because these kind of artistic visual things are partially what draws people to buying Mondo vinyl in the first place.

Gimmick isn't a bad word.

Not necessarily but it can be taken as a negative in the wrong context. My point is that this die-cut 7" is no different than the fact that we pay for OSTs that have already been released before elsewhere, mainly due to the fact that it's Mondo and we dig the artwork they combine along with the soundtrack. So if this is a gimmick, then a number of their other releases have also been a gimmick.

So Timecrimes was 010, still 4 unaccounted for. Anyone who already has a 7", are they a numbered part of the catalog.

I wouldn't be surprised if Halloween is non-sequential either, they've probably been holding that one back for a while.

Yeah, Id guess Halloween has been in the works for a while and that they're just waiting for 10/31 to help market the release.

That's probably 1 of the 4. It would make total sense if the other 3 unaccounted are the Tales releases which could be numbered differently. Since weve known about that 7" test press instagram photo for a while, my guess is that Mondo has had these on hand for a bit as well, while waiting for the Tales gallery to open.

I knew you were full of shit.Fastest one yet, which makes sense due to limited availability Though BS pricing and shipping my scare people off. I was unable to score anything for you Whip. Sorry bud. If anyone scored extrasconsider selling them to him, he asked pretty early on.

Thanks for the effort and the kind mention. It is greatly appreciated. I'm going to be pretty bummed to pay aftermarket for these little guys.

I was lucky enough to get someone to grab one for me from the gallery or whatever so I didn't have to worry about it today.

Everyone complaining about the price though, I would just be glad you won't have to pay (possibly) triple the price for them later! :)

Seriously!! These are quadruple the rip online right now. I've already been contacted by two memebers about purchasing them, but they both wanted more than face value. One person wanted close to three times as much for one and the other asks how much I was "willing" to pay and then said never mind they were going to take it to eBay. Mondo vinyl corrupts absolutely.