The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Have you seen picture proof that they have it? I've been waiting to order

It's not released yet. They will be selling it by itself, not as a random variant.

I've actually seen three copies of the black stripe variant. Two on the World Wide Web and one in person. The first picture was a promotional freebie that arrived to a reviewer, but I have no idea when they received that copy so I don't know if it was a sample or one of the final 800. The second picture was of one received in the last week, but I don't know when the person ordered or how many, etc. The third was received sealed by a friend as a replacement for a damaged Omen LP last week or the week before. Again, I've seen that one with my own two peepers. I remember the email or blog post about them selling the 800 delayed variants online at a later date, but I'm guessing that won't be until the original run sells out or it has been scrapped altogether as that run hadn't sold out yet so perhaps they are just lumping these in. Of course, all of that is just conjecture on my part. Mo could tell us what they're doing with them in the grand scheme, but in the meantime, there are some copies out there.

Shit, I don't remember. Didn't even think to look and I threw the shrink/sticker away. That was yesterday too, so I'd have to dig through the trash.

That's ok, no need to dig through trash. Just curious if Mondo was gonna start marking all randomly inserted variant releases on their outer labels.

Yeah I think Paranorman only included a sticker because Mondo needed to warn people that the variant disc needed cleaning, as there was some chalky residue left on the disc.

Interesting....

Yeah I think Paranorman only included a sticker because Mondo needed to warn people that the variant disc needed cleaning, as there was some chalky residue left on the disc.

This is 100% the reason. It's what the sticker actually says.

I got the Visitor variant, and there wasn't a sticker or anything on the outside to indicate that it was the variant.

And I'm sure, in general, that will continue to be the case. Those variants wouldn't seem very random if they did.

I got the Visitor variant, and there wasn't a sticker or anything on the outside to indicate that it was the variant.

Thanks! And congrats! That one looks beautiful.

This is 100% the reason. It's what the sticker actually says.

And I'm sure, in general, that will continue to be the case. Those variants wouldn't seem very random if they did.

Good point.

If anyone is going/available to go, I'd happily pay your entry for a crack at the amber version. Shoot me a PM. Cheers!

Do you or anyone know what the entry price is and how much the LP's are? My sister might be in town then and she's going to try and grab one for me

I'm sure this type of question has been asked/answered MANY TIMES before, but do records ordered with posters usually take longer?  I still don't have my Coraline OST, but I ordered it with the print at the same time.  Is this pretty standard?

I ordered both as well.  But on separate orders.  Both have arrived.  

Dang, so even the dilaphosaurus version at the listening party will be random? That's kinda lame

You may be confused. The Dilap colored variant will be the standard "randomly mixed variant" for the version A release. The version B release is only on the Amber colored vinyl and is limited (I believe) to 800 copies.

You may be confused. The Dilap colored variant will be the standard "randomly mixed variant" for the version A release. The version B release is only on the Amber colored vinyl and is limited (I believe) to 800 copies.

Oh I know. But on the post about the listening party they sai you can buy bothe versions. Version A with randomly inserted variants, and version B. I figured people in Austin would be able to go to the listening party and straight up buy the Dilap variant without it bein random

Oh I know. But on the post about the listening party they sai you can buy bothe versions. Version A with randomly inserted variants, and version B. I figured people in Austin would be able to go to the listening party and straight up buy the Dilap variant without it bein random

Why would you figure that? New to this thread?