The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I prefer catch-all threads since they leave real estate for a variety of interests on the front page. If Waxworks, Death Waltz and Mondo all had dedicated threads for releases it could get pretty soundtrack heavy quick, which might not be interesting to the majority of folks roaming around. 

At any rate, keep making the individual threads if people find it helpful. Like I said, at first I thought it was comically redundant and you've got a history of flat jokes. It didn't occur to me that you were providing a legitimate service. Keep fighting the good fight. 

I think both are worthwhile. The label threads for discussions about past releases, variants, etc.... The release specific thread for direct info on that upcoming release so it isnt lost in the label thread.

Not sure if that was for RealTruth or Me. Regardless, I know I'm not very funny. Maybe a bit funnier in person but more in a self-effacing way. Anyway... Personally, I see room for both. I didn't know there was this back and forth and threads being locked or merged. I like that you've started editing the subject line a couple releases back. This thread is for those with a die hard interest in the Mondo series. Individual threads would satisfy the more casual VC member that want to cherry pick a release here or there. No clue why there is any anger whatsoever. I'd be happier if the first post was updated to the current release instead of Deadly Spawn but those using this thread the most seem to have it working. 

Not sure if that was for RealTruth or Me. Regardless, I know I'm not very funny. Maybe a bit funnier in person but more in a self-effacing way. Anyway... Personally, I see room for both. I didn't know there was this back and forth and threads being locked or merged. I like that you've started editing the subject line a couple releases back. This thread is for those with a die hard interest in the Mondo series. Individual threads would satisfy the more casual VC member that want to cherry pick a release here or there. No clue why there is any anger whatsoever. I'd be happier if the first post was updated to the current release instead of Deadly Spawn but those using this thread the most seem to have it working. 

Pretty sure it was for RealTruth.

The casual VC member doesn't care about The Visitor soundtrack. I understand one for Jurassic Park or Gravity, but Real Talk was just making threads to be defiant.

Guest deleted

I prefer catch-all threads since they leave real estate for a variety of interests on the front page. If Waxworks, Death Waltz and Mondo all had dedicated threads for releases it could get pretty soundtrack heavy quick, which might not be interesting to the majority of folks roaming around. 

At any rate, keep making the individual threads if people find it helpful. Like I said, at first I thought it was comically redundant and you've got a history of flat jokes. It didn't occur to me that you were providing a legitimate service. Keep fighting the good fight (... against me!).

Not sure why you're taking it as a personal attack, pal. I'd go back an show you how you deliberately inserted AND twisted my words (actually another poster's words about elitism in the Mondo thread) but it'd be too damn hard to find in this thread. But, as usual, spin it your way and make me out to be the aggressor. I really don't see why they both threads can't exist but whatever Mondo freaks. You win.

Not sure why you're taking it as a personal attack, pal. I'd go back an show you how you deliberately inserted AND twisted my words (actually another poster's words about elitism in the Mondo thread) but it'd be too damn hard to find in this thread. But, as usual, spin it your way and make me out to be the aggressor. I really don't see why they both threads can't exist but whatever Mondo freaks. You win.

Honestly, It seems like people appreciate the individual threads so you should keep making them. 

Also, I think Dave has good jokes. 

Real Truth is ridiculous in the most entertaining of ways and, if half as sincere as they purport to be, easily my favorite poster on this board. The individual threads are useful, well informed, and hilarious to boot.

I think the Mondo thread has worked well thus far, but there are a number of factors working against it as well. Mostly the growing poularity of both the company and the soundtrack-on-vinyl movement. Also, releases like Gravity, JP, and Paranorman are bound to bring in new faces looking to cherry pick the latest information. Updating the first post with the pertinent info could certainly help this segment of visitors.

The Waxwork and DWRC threads are getting more traffic as well. It's a shame we can't have a Soundtrack/Score subforum where every thread could be dedicated to an individual release without fear of clogging up the front page. None of these ideas, or any others I've heard of, will stop people from wandering in and posting a question without skimming around first. That problem isn't unique to this thread or forum.

Again, from someone completely outside of die-hard Mondo collecting, I've had no trouble finding information on this Jurassic Park release. I follow this topic, and check out the thread when I get notifications. I actually READ. I don't expect to have any questions I might have only on the last page, I will read back a couple of pages. It is not difficult, it's just laziness.

the internet told me this comes out on the 11th (the JP soundtrack). is that correct?

Correct. A couple pages back, there is a long "wall of text" that's been quoted throughout the thread several times to answer your question. Hopefully someone doesn't jump down your throat about it. I'm sure someone's gonna quote it again.

Correct. A couple pages back, there is a long "wall of text" that's been quoted throughout the thread several times to answer your question. Hopefully someone doesn't jump down your throat about it. I'm sure someone's gonna quote it again.

thank you!

they are welcome to quote it, along with any cat fail gifs that they see fit to post.

Does anyone know how mondo deals with damaged records? And what if it's a variant?

For me I contacted them via their website. Which led me to emailing them pics of the damaged covers. Then they emailed me a shipping label. When they received my damaged records they shipped me out replacements. I never opened mine so I don't know if they were variants. But I can tell you I got variants as replacements today. Quite the happy camper.

For me I contacted them via their website. Which led me to emailing them pics of the damaged covers. Then they emailed me a shipping label. When they received my damaged records they shipped me out replacements. I never opened mine so I don't know if they were variants. But I can tell you I got variants as replacements today. Quite the happy camper.

Ok thanks.

A friend of mine received the visitor and I figured I'd ask for them. Seems simple enough. I assume if it's the variant they would send another.

On a side note, if anyone is not attached to their Coraline variant, and would trade for the non variant, plus some. Let me know!

Anybody go to the listening party tonight?

I did. Didn't seem so much like a listening party as much as, listen to the record while you wait in line to buy it! But I didn't stick around long enough to see if it became a party after the line died down. The space is actually really small and not ideal for a "party" situation.

Also, I grabbed an extra amber colored JP vinyl, so if someone wants to do a straight-up trade, PM me. Not interested in selling, only in trades. Willing to accept a trade for Halloween OST orange/black splatter colored variant.