The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Smart for them, look how much faster these things sell out because people order 3-5 to try and get the exclusive. Do you really think there are THAT many people who want The Deadly Spawn OST on vinyl? It's a small market. Drive, being more popular and having pop songs, would do well either way. But some of these, if there wasn't a varriant randomly inserted, would probably still be sitting around unless the runs were super small. I

I agree, as a customer it's annoying and sucks. But for Mondo, it's probably a good thing.

"Randomly inserted" is seriously the dumbest thing I've seen a record company do

Smart for them, look how much faster these things sell out because people order 3-5 to try and get the exclusive. Do you really think there are THAT many people who want The Deadly Spawn OST on vinyl? It's a small market. Drive, being more popular and having pop songs, would do well either way. But some of these, if there wasn't a varriant randomly inserted, would probably still be sitting around unless the runs were super small. I

I agree, as a customer it's annoying and sucks. But for Mondo, it's probably a good thing.

Too true, J. Too true.

Agreed. No one is denying that its a smart business decision. Just sucks for the customer/fans.

Of course that's the reason they do the cracker jack boxes.  They know people will go nuts buying multiple copies.  It is a good business decision on their part and extra cash in their pockets is about the only positive thing you can say about this because no fan in their right mind would certainly enjoy this type sales process.

Of course that's the reason they do the cracker jack boxes.  They know people will go nuts buying multiple copies.  It is a good business decision on their part and extra cash in their pockets is about the only positive thing you can say about this because no fan in their right mind would certainly enjoy this type sales process.

I only enjoy it when I win :(

;)

FYI, heard a rumor that the Mondo vinyl at SDCC is gonna be Jurassic Park with Stout artwork.  Who knows though???

Update:  Just read that the variant will be sold at SDCC and will be amber with a mosquito sticker in the center (clever) and the regular will be released online with random variants.  Again, just message board rumors so who knows if this is all BS...

Oh, is it just a special variant? Then I don't care. I only want one copy of everything. I'm not going to concern myself with variants for Mondo releases.

That said, if I get a colored copy I'm not going to complain. but I only order one copy of them when I do. Maniac is a nice happy situation where I was able to get a copy before Amazon told me whether or not they were going to screw me. I just figure if I can get a white from amazon, I'll unload my black copy, but I'm not going to go out of my way to hunt these things down.

Cool.

Guest Secular Haze

This is a must-have for me. JP is my oldest son's favorite movie and this would be a nice addition to his collection. Thanks for sharing.

FYI, heard a rumor that the Mondo vinyl at SDCC is gonna be Jurassic Park with Stout artwork.  Who knows though???

Update:  Just read that the variant will be sold at SDCC and will be amber with a mosquito sticker in the center (clever) and the regular will be released online with random variants.  Again, just message board rumors so who knows if this is all BS...

This. Sounds. Amazing.

Must have.