The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Well its not like the guy marketed it as Drive. He just said random mystery test pressing. I figured maybe he didnt know you could tell what it was by the matrix number. Maybe he still does think 008 is Drive now that he knows the number is there. He was really cool about it though and refunded my money before I even woke up. One of these days I will own Drive. I should have bought it for $40 on here last year.

One of these days I will own Drive. I should have bought it for $40 on here last year.

Does it have to be Mondo's version? I mean, I certainly know the appeal, but the Invada release actually sounds slightly better and a new pressing is out in December: http://amzn.to/1iicDE7

Edit: just realized that's actually the Lakeshore pressing, no idea how that one stacks up against the previous two.

Does it have to be Mondo's version? I mean, I certainly know the appeal, but the Invada release actually sounds slightly better and a new pressing is out in December: http://amzn.to/1iicDE7

Edit: just realized that's actually the Lakeshore pressing, no idea how that one stacks up against the previous two.

It does have to be Mondo. I actually would rather have the pink version over the test pressing but I didnt want to pass up the deal last night if it was really Drive. I already have the Pink Invada pressing but I love the art work for Mondos. Id probably be cool with the picture disc too since its the same art.

You know what he means you turd. 

No I don't.  The Mondo test pressings were sold as mystery items at Mondo Con last year.  They had generic sleeves and no writing on the labels.  The only way to tell what you had without listening to it is by looking at the matrix etching.  This was sold at a poster convention, and I would assume the majority were bought by people who didn't own record players (I know the ones I got second hand were from people with this problem.)  So this record was being resold, as the original owner had no way of knowing what it was.

It sounds like Andrew Lucas was trying to be smart and ask about the matrix number as most non-vinyl fans wouldn't think to look for that.  So the seller gave the exact info he was asked to, how was he suppose to know there was an obscure error on this matrix number that even most fans in this thread didn't know about?

Seems like a pretty honest mistake/lack of knowledge.

But thanks for the down votes 

It does have to be Mondo. I actually would rather have the pink version over the test pressing but I didnt want to pass up the deal last night if it was really Drive. I already have the Pink Invada pressing but I love the art work for Mondos. Id probably be cool with the picture disc too since its the same art.

If you bought the Test Pressing version, it would not have the original art work.  Tyler Stout made a custom generic sleeve for the mondo TPs.

No I don't.  The Mondo test pressings were sold as mystery items at Mondo Con last year.  They had generic sleeves and no writing on the labels.  The only way to tell what you had without listening to it is by looking at the matrix etching.  This was sold at a poster convention, and I would assume the majority were bought by people who didn't own record players (I know the ones I got second hand were from people with this problem.)  So this record was being resold, as the original owner had no way of knowing what it was.

It sounds like Andrew Lucas was trying to be smart and ask about the matrix number as most non-vinyl fans wouldn't think to look for that.  So the seller gave the exact info he was asked to, how was he suppose to know there was an obscure error on this matrix number that even most fans in this thread didn't know about?

Seems like a pretty honest mistake/lack of knowledge.

But thanks for the down votes 

I'm gonna have to agree with this, sorry guys. I didnt feel scammed at all. If anything I felt like I was doing the scamming. I'm on this thread every single day and didnt even know about the mix up. That was my thinking exactly, maybe hes into posters and bought the vinyl to sell for a profit and didnt know there was a way to check it.

If you bought the Test Pressing version, it would not have the original art work.  Tyler Stout made a custom generic sleeve for the mondo TPs.

I know, I have the Coraline test. But a "Drive" test pressing at only $10 above cost is not something I'd want to pass on.

I know, I have the Coraline test. But a "Drive" test pressing at only $10 above cost is not something I'd want to pass on.

Cool.  I bought one without knowing what it was...ended up with Cat on the Brain.  Needless to say I swiftly resold it as I was not interested at all in that record.