The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

No I don't. The Mondo test pressings were sold as mystery items at Mondo Con last year. They had generic sleeves and no writing on the labels. The only way to tell what you had without listening to it is by looking at the matrix etching. This was sold at a poster convention, and I would assume the majority were bought by people who didn't own record players (I know the ones I got second hand were from people with this problem.) So this record was being resold, as the original owner had no way of knowing what it was.

It sounds like Andrew Lucas was trying to be smart and ask about the matrix number as most non-vinyl fans wouldn't think to look for that. So the seller gave the exact info he was asked to, how was he suppose to know there was an obscure error on this matrix number that even most fans in this thread didn't know about?

Seems like a pretty honest mistake/lack of knowledge.

But thanks for the down votes

And I'm sure despite knowing what test pressing you had you called it a mystery to whoever you sold it to or you just put the matrix number. Prove me wrong and I'll leave you alone lol.

Edit: meant to quote your other post about Cat in the Brain, whoops.

And I'm sure despite knowing what test pressing you had you called it a mystery to whoever you sold it to or you just put the matrix number. Prove me wrong and I'll leave you alone lol.

Edit: meant to quote your other post about Cat in the Brain, whoops.

Sold it a year ago, so sorry I didn't keep what ever paper trail you are looking for.  I remember I paid $125 for someone to pick me one up, and that's the exact same price I re-sold it for.  I do know if you look far enough back in this thread you will find me offering it here as a mystery item, but I sold it on ebay.

But heck you know it wouldn't matter what "proof" I had or what I said.  You will forever continue to post flipper comments and down vote my posts.  I'll live and still sleep fine every night.

Sold it a year ago, so sorry I didn't keep what ever paper trail you are looking for. I remember I paid $125 for someone to pick me one up, and that's the exact same price I re-sold it for. I do know if you look far enough back in this thread you will find me offering it here as a mystery item, but I sold it on ebay.

But heck you know it wouldn't matter what "proof" I had or what I said. You will forever continue to post flipper comments and down vote my posts. I'll live and still sleep fine every night.

Haha I downvoted one of your posts like a year ago and don't give a shit what you flip, you're talking to the wrong person. Thanks for proving me right though, you knew what your test was and acted like you didn't.

Haha I downvoted one of your posts like a year ago and don't give a shit what you flip, you're talking to the wrong person. Thanks for proving me right though, you knew what your test was and acted like you didn't.

Not sure what I proved right that you said?  I did know what I had, but never claimed I didn't.  I even took the time to dig up the original post:

stl_ben, on 28 Sept 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

Hey, so I got my Mondo Mystery TP in and was less than impressed.  If you want it, it's yours at cost ($125 shipped), but you will receive it like I did as a mystery. 

(If you are only wanting Drive or JP...this isn't for you!)

Was just passing on the mystery-ness of the release.

But yes I do apologize you are not the one down voting all my posts. (sorry I can't keep names strait when some members change theirs all the time.  For some reason I got you confused with Aqua or Prince.)

Was just passing on the mystery-ness of the release.

But yes I do apologize you are not the one down voting all my posts. (sorry I can't keep names strait when some members change theirs all the time.  For some reason I got you confused with Aqua or Prince.)

That's weird I figured people recognize avatars more than names, I don't think I've ever actually changed mine now that I think about it.

You're welcome btw :P

Too much hostility in here for me. Haha. 

But yes, thank you very much. I would have been pretty annoyed if I got the test and it turned out to not be Drive, which it isnt. I would have been happy if it were Halloween, Ghibli, Aliens, Jurassic Park, or Drive. Those are really the only ones I'd care to own. 

I wonder if the Over the Garden Wall tape is coming out next week since the DVD (Wish it was blu-ray) is releasing tuesday. Need that and a vinyl release of the songs. 

I hope so too! Especially the soundtrack. It should be on a 10", it's only 14 minutes long.