My Vinyl Collection - Caspian, Explosions in the Sky, Jimmy Eat World and more. ALSO WTB

I get this PM:

First of all i'm a guy and my name is not Julie,it's just my user name. Second why? You don't know me,and I don't know you ether.

Whoever you are, I will respond to you publicly:

Correct. I don't know you. No one does. That is the point. And all I did was raise a caution flag on someone new. So I would gladly say I am sorry and welcome you in to our community after you prove my suspicions to be wrong after some time.

And I'm not going to point out why I raised the flag but I'd gladly point it out to the established members of this board through pm.

Come on, guys...don't let us turn this place into deadformat2 and be happy to welcome new members here in a proper manner!

Ok, I'm with you that the user name is suspicious...but don't blame him, I've seen worse!

All of us started with 0 posts and basically no reputation at one point of time...I've found this place without ever trading/selling records before and now have contact to nice people and made some great trades! Reputation grows, so give this man a chance!

Come on, guys...don't let us turn this place into deadformat2 and be happy to welcome new members here in a proper manner!

Ok, I'm with you that the user name is suspicious...but don't blame him, I've seen worse!

All of us started with 0 posts and basically no reputation at one point of time...I've found this place without ever trading/selling records before and now have contact to nice people and made some great trades! Reputation grows, so give this man a chance!

The level of trust on here for newbies is ridiculous. What you said is true. It is better to get some scammers than to close our door to new people. But we need to keep them properly in check until they prove themselves for a while. There are other ways they can prove themselves as well, such as definitively associating themselves with an ebay account with good feedback. Even just posting a picture of him in front of his records with the covers visible holding a sign that says "I am Joe Blow. VC, these are my records. 1/7/2003" would help.

People raised flags with JennyMiller too and with other accounts associated with that scammer, but people said the same thing as you and just went with it anyways.

Money orders for purchases? Weird. I don't know how to spin that either except that weird means keep your guard up.

After a little bit of investigative work, this person appears to not be a known scammer. Still someone new who should be treated with some caution, but should be given the same level of respect as anyone else new around here.

I'll call someone out but if it appears I am wrong, I will admit I was wrong.

"Julie" (or whatever your name is), welcome.

Julie does not share an IP address with any other account on this board. So that is probably enough to believe it is a real person.

Interestingly, "JennyMiller182", "Drewbie" and "Drewski" all share an IP, info which could have stopped that incident in it's tracks. I talked to MidnightCity about it. IPs can be useful tool in the future. I'm not sure how the admins want to handle it, though.