I'm a little pissed at feedback I just received on ebay

So the feedback was still 'positive', but this guy said the record wasn't a mint 10/10. It was exactly as I described it, this I know. It looked absolutely perfect besides the fact that it had been opened, that's it. Whatever, okay so lower my score for that and that alone. This guy lowered my score in all four categories. He gave me less than perfect scores in communication, which is horseshit, because I answered him right after he asked me a question. Then he lowered my score in shipping time AND in the cost of shipping. I literally mailed it out the very next morning after he paid, and I lost money because I packed that record so securely that it was heavier than I charged him for. Why are people such dicks? I'm fairly new to selling on ebay, so I'm probably overreacting, but isn't that why ebay has different scores for different categories, so that you can score individually? This guy said I was too 'generous' with my mint 10/10 grading, so in return he was exactly the opposite with my score? Anyone else have this sort of thing happen to them?

Worst one I've had was a buyer who bought a network adapter, I listed it as used (which it was) and the guy left me NEUTRAL feedback because he claimed it was "refurbished" and should have been stated as such. I had no clue, I bought it second hand, and the dude never sent one message about it. I was pissed cause I've never gotten anything less than positive before, but some people are just dicks.

But as the person who got your box set off eBay sandwiched in between a bunch of bubble wrap inside of 15 individual cardboard mailers inside another huuuuge box, and got my package in like three days, that buyer can go fuck himself!

Sorry to hear about your troublesome buyer, OP.  I've been pretty lucky with feedback - knock on wood - but I know how pissy buyers can be.  Someone left me neutral feedback a few months back, saying that it took me too long to update them with tracking info, etc.  The truth is that I marked their item as Shipped and adding a tracking number as soon as I got back from the post office (literally the next day), but said buyer hadn't realized it.  So his negligence costs me a positive feedback entry?

Ok.

Like I said, it could have been worse.  And while it has zero justification for the feedback you received, I will personally comment that it becomes tiresome when everyone misuses the term mint.  To me, a mint record is flawless: if it was originally sealed, it needs to be sealed.  A lot of people seem to think that if the record plays just fine, and the jacket is free of fingerprints, their LP is "mint".  I can't tell you how many times I've read "Mint condition.  Played just once!" in an item's description.

But as stated, it sounds like you covered all your bases, and made it clear that the record was unplayed.  So your feedback was bogus, either way.

I don't sell on eBay, tried it once. Germans won it, I said no way jose (no shipping outside the US.) If I sell anything record based it's on here (since I've joined.)

I don't mind selling on eBay or even shipping overseas but some people can be dicks. It is what it is. I've had to ship all over the world, Germany is actually pretty good with mail delivery.

Maybe this is the comic guy in me, but you almost certainly didn't sell a mint 10/10 record. With comics, a 10/10 usually has to be pulled right off the presses and even then, it's a long shot that it is printed perfectly. Just the act of putting it on a shelf unprotected usually is enough to guarantee it isn't mint. Comics graded 10 are about one in 50k or something like that.

Records are supposed to be cut a lot more slack than comics. They almost always have dented covers just from the original shipping. Even if it was 10/10, it probably won't be by the time it gets to him. So the guy does kinda need to grow up.

But I think the lesson is that it is better to undersell on condition a little bit than to push the rating as far as it can go if you want to avoid this.

Maybe this is the comic guy in me, but you almost certainly didn't sell a mint 10/10 record. With comics, a 10/10 usually has to be pulled right off the presses and even then, it's a long shot that it is printed perfectly. Just the act of putting it on a shelf unprotected usually is enough to guarantee it isn't mint. Comics graded 10 are about one in 50k or something like that.

Records are supposed to be cut a lot more slack than comics. They almost always have dented covers just from the original shipping. Even if it was 10/10, it probably won't be by the time it gets to him. So the guy does kinda need to grow up.

But I think the lesson is that it is better to undersell on condition a little bit than to push the rating as far as it can go if you want to avoid this.

I have learned my lesson. NM/NM on unplayed, unsealed records from here on out.

I always undersell condition on corners etc. It saves later pain. But this guy is a prick from my friends experience so don't go apologizing too much. I read the emails and I blocked him despite having a fine transaction with him once. This guy is a headache waiting to happen for anyone on here. 

I always undersell condition on corners etc. It saves later pain. But this guy is a prick from my friends experience so don't go apologizing too much. I read the emails and I blocked him despite having a fine transaction with him once. This guy is a headache waiting to happen for anyone on here. 

Do you mind telling me how you go about blocking someone?

Worst one I've had was a buyer who bought a network adapter, I listed it as used (which it was) and the guy left me NEUTRAL feedback because he claimed it was "refurbished" and should have been stated as such. I had no clue, I bought it second hand, and the dude never sent one message about it. I was pissed cause I've never gotten anything less than positive before, but some people are just dicks.

But as the person who got your box set off eBay sandwiched in between a bunch of bubble wrap inside of 15 individual cardboard mailers inside another huuuuge box, and got my package in like three days, that buyer can go fuck himself!

Thanks Yanq!

My problem is that people either refuse or forget to leave feedback. I should have like 11 more feedback scores than I currently have. I hate having to practically beg a buyer/seller for feedback.

This too. From all of my sales, almost half of them have not left feedback. It's not like ebay doesn't send them little reminders that they have feedback to leave. They're just lazy.

I sold a sealed and obviously un-played record a year ago. I said it was sealed and new. I got neutral feedback and this comment:

"This record is in horrible condition. 3/4 corners are all banged up!"

I guess I should have mentioned the banged up corners. But really, neutral feedback for the record in horrible condition? The record was presumably perfect because it was sealed. I told him if he had messaged me beforehand, I would have refunded his money. He said, he'd withdraw the comment if I did that and then I didn't give him nothing back and kept the neutral.

He did message me back saying it was obviously unplayed, but there was a small 1 inch scoff mark on the vinyl. I asked him why then did he give me lower feedback on all the other four categories. I will never know, because I blocked him before I heard his response.

Yeah, I think with the whole "stars" system it is hit or miss. I thought I had all perfect stars until a couple of week ago I noticed that like 3 of them weren't completely filled in. I personally try not to worry about the stars too much. I just want to make sure the feedback statements from buyers and sellers are good and honest.