PO: The Story So Far - What You Don't See

What's the consensus on this record? I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like it.

I still like it a lot. Empty Space is a jam. I think it's different just enough from USAD to sound fresh. This and the wonder years were really the only pop punk I could really get into this year.

What's the consensus on this record? I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like it.

I really didn't like it at all either. I listened to it 3 or 4 times when I first got it then put it away. Listened to it again a few times 2 weeks ago and nothing changed. To me none of the songs even come close to the stuff on Under Soil And Dirt.

I liked "Right Here/Now" when it came out as a single, but overall I felt the album sounded almost exactly the same as USAD and lacked the punch the USAD had. I shelved the record after listening to it a few times. Luckily, I was able to sell it a few weeks ago to someone who really appreciates it.

I wonder what Pure Noise's mentality is behind all these pressings. I get the collector thing, but in the end I feel like it'll end up costing Pure Noise more to keep producing these than they will actually make. Especially if the second pressing isn't even sold out yet...

I get what you are saying but I'm sure they sell enough copies of this album to keep things profitable. They probably only need to sell a portion of every pressing to break even or turn a profit.

They probably only need to sell a portion of every pressing to break even or turn a profit.

not to be a smart ass, but this is a given... unless they don't care about turning a profit, which i doubt, then naturally the per-unit revenue will exceed the cost.

edit: i added the remaining presses to my cart and maxed out the quantities.

2nd - 136

3rd - 1000

4th - 125

5th - 302

clearly these totals aren't accurate if the 5th press only has 302 left. so if anything i think these numbers are underestimates. out of 10,000 total copies pressed i would say there are at least 3,000 still available through merchnow alone, the majority of them being this new press.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

bump -

new press up /2000... says its 4th pressing but im pretty sure this is way past that already now... right?

4th Pressing: 2,000 units
Purple / Oxblood / Olive Smash W/ Mustard Splatter

http://merchnow.com/products/190661/what-you-dont-see-purple--oxblood--olive-smash-w-mustard-splatter

469x470.jpg

not gonna lie, kinda stoked i stepped out of the variant game for TSSF. this one really does sound cool though.