PO: The Story So Far - What You Don't See

I have a connect who speaks with jake pretty regularly, maybe he can ask.  I get the feeling the answer is going to be vague, though - it seems the question is more about the # of slip covers they make, rather than the pressing info of the actual variant that goes in it, since both these tour presses have been scooped up containing different variants by different people... what's stopping them from just screening more covers if and when the "tour press" sells out and just stuffing whatever variant they have for sale at the moment into the sleeve?  sort of seems like that is what is happening.  

That is what's happening. I went to the NYC show and got a tour cover for my friend and it had the 2nd pressing clear with red splatter in it when we opened it up last night. I also picked up a TAS tour cover with the maroon vinyl and the Citizen - Young States 7" on teal blue. Was my first time seeing Citizen. They are fucking awesome.

Won this yesterday, was pretty happy about the end result. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181114625160?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Also, still looking for a TSSF tour cover. If anyone can help, please PM me. Thanks. 

Nice deal! I'm just missing the black and clear/red splatter to complete the variants. 

truly insane considering they're only a little more than a year removed from USAD blowing up, which came a good six months after it was released.

curious to know how many copies the wonder years will sell now... and i won't be surprised if TSSF outsells them.

I would be incredibly shocked if TSSF outsells The Wonder Years.  Like speechless, can't believe it holy shit what the fuck happened at Hopeless did they lose the shipment of albums? kinda of shocked.  

I'm still looking for a tour-press of this. Anyone have an extra or willing to pick up a copy for cost+shipping?

Do you mean the tour cover? What is the tour press??? I thought they were just selling the second pressing on tour in addition to online. My friend picked me up on in NY and that's what it was. 

I picked this up at HT the other day on a whim, not being a huge fan of the band. It's on white like someone else said. It's not bad. I'd like this band so much more if they had a different singer though.

i've probably said this three or four times in this forum by now, but i always thought parker's vocals were perfect for pop punk when i first heard WYWS. now, i think his vocals are holding the band back.

• 3 weeks later...

I randomly searched the story so far on merchnow today...and it showed the watermelon variant being available.  Bought "2", hoping they found extras.  If not, i'll be refunded.  Looking to trade the second copy for something I want or just sell for cost + shipping to help someone out who's looking for it.  They aren't up anymore. 

If you want one send me your tradelist links please.

I randomly searched the story so far on merchnow today...and it showed the watermelon variant being available.  Bought "2", hoping they found extras.  If not, i'll be refunded.  Looking to trade the second copy for something I want or just sell for cost + shipping to help someone out who's looking for it.  They aren't up anymore. 

If you want one send me your tradelist links please.

Great find!

• 1 month later...

I've seen different variants pop up online with a limited Suppy Tour screen printed cover.

Does anyone know which variants were sold with this cover and how many of them were sold?

I've seen both the white (1st pressing, /2000) and the clear w/ ox blood splatter (2nd pressing, /2000) online with this cover.

Thanks.

White

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Story-So-Far-What-You-Dont-See-Vinyl-White-Tour-Variant-The-Wonder-Years-/151067678930?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item232c55d8d2

Clear  w/ Ox Blood Splatter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-STORY-SO-FAR-WHAT-YOU-DONT-SEE-VINYL-RECORD-TOUR-VERSION-/251287951947?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a81edda4b

I've seen different variants pop up online with a limited Suppy Tour screen printed cover.

Does anyone know which variants were sold with this cover and how many of them were sold?

I've seen both the white (1st pressing, /2000) and the clear w/ ox blood splatter (2nd pressing, /2000) online with this cover.

Thanks.

White

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Story-So-Far-What-You-Dont-See-Vinyl-White-Tour-Variant-The-Wonder-Years-/151067678930?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item232c55d8d2

Clear  w/ Ox Blood Splatter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-STORY-SO-FAR-WHAT-YOU-DONT-SEE-VINYL-RECORD-TOUR-VERSION-/251287951947?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a81edda4b

I think they just had the tour covers separate from the records, so they just put the cover around whatever sealed records they had at the moment. They probably had some purple/white swirls, then when they ran out of those they used white, and when those ran out of those I believe they began using the clear w/ red splatter 2nd pressing.