Tough time music

So there's been so much unneeded hostility on here as of recent, so I was thinking, what might crush that?  Probably the thing that binds all of us as people- we all go through tough shit.  So, with that said, I want to know what bands have gotten you through the tough times, and why.  Because this is my thread, I feel that I can make a couple of rules, the only rule being: no shit talking on someone else's response, so if Good Charlotte's "The Young and the Hopeless" got them through an awful breakup, leave it be.

So here are some of the bands that have gotten me through a bunch of bullshit.  Obviously, because I'm a hopeless romantica art fag, most of these have to do with girls.

Saves the Day- this band has been through every meet, greet, makgirleup, and breakup with a dame.  The first girl I ever thought I was falling for introduced me to "Through Being Cool" and they've been with me ever since.  Key songs: Third Engine, Sell All My Old Clothes I'm Off To Heaven, Nightingale, Jesse and My Whetstone

American Nightmare- I was listening to a lot of tough guy hardcore before I got into these guys, and after reading Eisold's lyrics I was blown away.  I didn't know that those types of songs could be about girls.  "Background Music" is one of the greatest lyrical records ever.  Key songs:  Hearts, (We Are), Postmark My Compass, Crush Of The Year

The Smiths- no one is a sadder bastard than Morrissey, yet he finds a way to put it in the most optimistic of ways.  Any time I'm down in the dumps I can throw on "Strangeways" and be instantly uplifted.  Key songs: Ask, This Charming Man, Girlfriend In A Coma, William, It Was Really Nothing   

I'm sure there's a ton more, but these three get me every time.  So let's hear what everyone else has to say, unless you're all too busy making fun of one another; if that's the case, just make fun of me instead.

Great thread topic man.

Mine wasnt a break up with a girl, but it might as well of been. My best friend of 24 years moved away from my small, desolate desert town. It was raining as I was seeing him off, and I listening to Enter by Russian circles driving away. I lost it when "you already did" came on. Just pulled over and cried listening to that album on repeat. I'm lucky to exist on a planet where people can make music like that.

Time for some sad bastard music.

Songs

-----

Jets to Brazil - "Sea Anemone"

Weakerthans - "Everything Must Go!"

Promise Ring - "Stop Playing Guitar"

Ben Kweller - "Family Tree"

Delay - "Whomever"

Elliott Smith - "Stupidity Tries"

Flaming Lips - "Waiting For Superman"

Exploding Hearts - "Sleeping Aides & Razorblades"

Hank Williams - "I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive"

Thin Lizzy - "Cowboy Song"

Albums

-----

Elliott Smith - XO

Kid Dakota - So Pretty.

Pedro The Lion - Winners Never Quit

Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit

Weakerthans - Reconstruction Site

Colossal - Welcome The Problems

Colossal - Brave The Elements

Jawbreaker - Dear You

Smoking Popes - Destination Failure

Sidekicks - Weight Of Air

Argyle Park - Misguided

Blindside - S/T through to About A Burning Fire

Celldweller - S/T

Chevelle - Wonder What's Next

Circle Of Dust - Disengage

Delta-S - Chasm

Level - Denial (uuuuhg, go listen to Mirror, the lyrics are beyond wrenching http://youtu.be/oG3eWW2DknQ )

mewithoutYou's first three albums

Neverending White Lights - Act 1: Goodbye Friends Of The Heavenly Bodies

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth

Project 86 - Truthless Heroes & Songs To Burn Your Bridges By

Relient K - mmhmm

Showbread - Anorexia Nervosa

Stavesacre - Everything ever

Teargas & Plateglass - Everything ever (quite the opposite effect of nearly everything else here though...)

Training For Utopia - Throwing A Wrench Into The American Music Machine

Tweaker - 2 a.m. Wakeup Call

Zao - Where Blood And Fire Bring Rest through to The Fear Is What Keeps Us Here

Low- Curtain Hits The Cast

Slint- Spiderland

Radiohead- Kid A

Isis- Panopticon

Regina Spektor- Songs

TV On The Radio- Return To Cookie Mountain

Do Make Say Think- YYAHIR

Converge- You Fail Me

Crosby Stills Nash- S/T

Frightened Rabbit- Winter Of Mixed Drinks

Pelican- The Fire In Our Throats..

Vehemence- God Was Created

Awesome thread ronnie. Hope this will help some people out!

Mae - Bloom

City and Colour - Against the Grain

The Menzingers - Sun Hotel

Promise of Redemption - When The Flowers Bloom (make sure you read what this album is written about before listening)

Lydia - Best Nights

Saves the Day - Through Being Cool

Jimmy Eat World - 23

Man Overboard - Atlas

Death Cab for Cutie - Bixby Canyon Bridge; Brothers on a Hotel Bed

City Lights - Where You've Been

Stanley and the Search - Chin Up

The Hotel Year - An Ode to the Night Ratz Club

Jack's Mannequin - Swim; Hammers & Strings; (Also pretty much all of Everything in Transit)

The Dangerous Summer - Reach For the Sun (whole album)

Misser - Stay Asleep

The Wonder Years - I Was Scared and I'm Sorry; Came Out Swinging

Conditions - Make Them Remember (has a good message, but most of their music does)

Me Vs. Hero - Days That Shape Our Lives

Real Friends - Anchor Down

That's all I can think of for right now!  :)

I've had quite a few and most are about losing relationships with really good friends:

Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends. Losing one of my best friends (not like him dying, he just became this person that all cared about was people liking him for how he looked)

Also, Louder Now by Taking Back Sunday especially My Blue Heaven.

Relient K - mmhmm. I remember me trying to fit in with a group of friends that would never accept me. And the line "I'm still waiting for you to be the one I'm waiting for" really stuck with me.

Paramore - All We Know Is Falling. I had one friend do some pretty messed up stuff to me in elementary school and this album really helped me through it. A couple years ago I bought the record and framed it, and have kept it there since. Every time I see it, it reminds me of how much it helped me. I honestly don't know how 11 year old me would have gotten through that time without it.