BUILT TO SPILL

Can any VCers help finish up the setlist from the Bloomington show?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/built-to-spill/2015/bluebird-nightclub-bloomington-in-13f4a5fd.html

I ended up working Monday night so I couldn't make it. One of my friends said it was a very Untethered set.

Damn I'm tempted to order this creme reissue even though my girlfriend has the original LP.

Girlfriends come and go, but having your own copy of a super record is forever.

That's one reason I hate the term girlfriend, it sounds so immature. While no relationship is guaranteed to last, we're both in our late 30s and own a house together - we're just not married. There isn't much justification for having two copies of an album.

That's one reason I hate the term girlfriend, it sounds so immature. While no relationship is guaranteed to last, we're both in our late 30s and own a house together - we're just not married. There isn't much justification for having two copies of an album.

Ah, you're more "partners" (another term I hate) I here ya! You should still get one...why not!

There is no loser edition. This is not a Sub Pop release. It is just being distro by them

To be fair, a limited, colored, pre-order edition is pretty much a Loser Edition. It just isn't called that because it's being put out by whoever. I'm drawing a blank now.

To be more fair, Sub Pop seem to have taken over most of this release as Up Records do not even exist anymore yet this is being released by them. Sub Pop received a lot of Up's backstock to distro when Up finally folded a couple years back and closed their webstore.

To be more fair, Sub Pop seem to have taken over most of this release as Up Records do not even exist anymore yet this is being released by them. Sub Pop received a lot of Up's backstock to distro when Up finally folded a couple years back and closed their webstore.

Ok, I thought I'd seen that it was being put out by Up, but also knew they were defunct. Good clarification, Bronchitis :)

• 5 weeks later...

I'm jealous but not $25 jealous haha. I'm probably in the minority but Joyful Noise really rubs me the wrong way for some unknown reason to me.

I completely agree about Joyful Noise. I have said it in another thread and probably got shit for it, but I could picture Kess (or whatever other annoying clean cut hipster dude) being their mascot.

I'm jealous but not $25 jealous haha. I'm probably in the minority but Joyful Noise really rubs me the wrong way for some unknown reason to me.

I totally agree. I've liked a lot of Joyful Noise releases, but I hate the direction they've been heading in with all the lathe cuts.

I just got my copy today. I love the track, but the lathe sounds like complete garbage. I wish instead of the gimmicky limited lathe cuts, they'd just do a standard 7" single. I paid 5x as much as a standard release and it sounds at least 5x worse. Good thing it came with a digital download, because I'll probably never play this on my turntable again. At this point I'm really just keeping it for completion's sake. :/