How reliable/safe is stubhub?

I've had great experiences with Stubhub.  I almost use them exclusively when I'm buying tickets for Baseball games.  I've probably bought from them over 10+ times.  The only time i had an issue it was an issue where I bought tickets, then I was notified by Stubhub via phone call saying the tickets I bought actually weren't available but they would find me equal seats as best they can.  I think my tickets were like $30 or something when they got me the new tickets they were better seats and I remember them being around $50, but I didn't have to pay anything extra for the better seats.  So I'd say you're definitely safe with Stubhub.

It is owned by eBay/paypal

For sporting events they will have representatives at the stadium to provide support if the tickets are fraudulent. 

Stubhub is one of the safest places to buy tickets. 

Primary Outlet (ticketmaster/ticket window at venue) > League sponsored ticket exchanges (nba/nhl) > Stubhub > Everything else.

I took an events management course, taught by the booking manager at the Verizon Center ( the MSG of DC ).

She said the opposite, essentially.  The venue isn't responsible for fraud tickets sold on Stubhub, and thus if you buy a bad ticket you can't get any refund or anything from the venue.  People do sell fraud tickets on there, for big events like Phish concerts // Justin Bieber.

If the tickets already been used, then you cant get in.  So get to the concert real early and you should be fine!

My podcast is co-host buys all his wrestling tickets from there. Only complaint he's had is that he pays a huge mark up.

He waits till the last minute to get tickets. Once he and a few of our friends drove to San Diego for a show and he didn't order the tickets prior (he said he did). When they got there it was sold out. They didn't let him smoke pot with them on the ride back haha.

i bought all the playoff tickets to the la kings from there last season as well as the first two games this season, dumping several thousand, and never had a problem.  btw, sounds like a lot of money, but it was cheaper than directly from the team unless you had season tickets.

the few times i've heard anyone have a problem, stubhub has compensated them with equal or better value tickets.