Overrated/Overhyped bands and or artist

Title Fight doesn't do anything for me. And by that I mean I don't like them.  They're just generic post-punk with screams.  They get a shit ton of hype and do not get close to living up to it.

So much this.  I enjoy(ed) a lot of what gains hype and attention here at VC... but could never fathom the big appeal on behalf of TF.  I've given multiple albums multiple listens, and - to be quite frank - is just bores me to tears.  In one ear and right out the other.  Just lost on me, but to each their own.

Title Fight doesn't do anything for me. And by that I mean I don't like them.  They're just generic post-punk with screams.  They get a shit ton of hype and do not get close to living up to it.

My friends cream themselves over Head In The Ceiling Fan especially and I'm just sitting there like, "Meh."

Although I'm some what of a hypocrite for saying this but The Smiths, like don't get me wrong they're good, and have great lyrics but I'm so tired of all the trendy teens walking around telling me how great "Alseep" is. Okay I get it you read The Perks Of Being a Wallflower you liked the only smiths song mentioned in the whole book, you're such a fan. There a girls at my school who walk around with The Smiths and Morrisey T-shirts and when you ask them what their favorite song off of The Queen is Dead they're at a lose for words. That's another thing that rubs me the wrong way is when people wear say, a Beatles or Nirvana and all they know is "Here Comes The Sun" or "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Once a guy I approached a guy with a Beatles T-shirt on he was a typical YOLO Swag boy, he was at most 14 and I asked what's your favorite Beatles song. He promptly told me that the Beatles was a TV show...

music is subjective, but when fashion overcompensates for the small amount of talent you have (design the skyline), i can freely say their music sucks and can't take you seriously. mainly because most bands like that are just fallowing the trend and in most cases will completely change styles soon enough.

not to mention after a point in time you can pretty much listen to anything and figure out if it's something you don't like but can at least appreciate, or if it's gonna be the hype band of the week ex: Touche Amore/poet core

The only thing I hate about how silly people can be with music is the term "guilty pleasure." It's such a bullshit term. Everyone starts out somewhere, and when you cut off a band just because of that your only delaying the inevitable..which would be rediscovering it 20 years from now and paying a premium for it. We can learn alot from baby boomers.

Why hasn't anyone said brand new

Why hasn't anybody explain why their vinyl turn around for so much, except for Daisy,Daisy is really good but you can get it for like $20, but try to get a repressing for Your Favorite Weapon, that's about $120. Daisy was pressed before the repressing of Your Favorite Weapon, so why the price difference, and why is the rest of their discography, well into the $200s?  

Why hasn't anybody explain why their vinyl turn around for so much, except for Daisy,Daisy is really good but you can get it for like $20, but try to get a repressing for Your Favorite Weapon, that's about $120. Daisy was pressed before the repressing of Your Favorite Weapon, so why the price difference, and why is the rest of their discography, well into the $200s?  

its because the daisy vinyl aren't on cool colors and arent super rare, teenageeric. vinyl are only worth tons of money if theyre on cool colors with splatter. duh.