PO: Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (5/7)

did you even hear FAD?

Yes, I've listened to it but I don't remember it much. I did love that song "America's Sweetheart" ... I guess they were already full fledged pop at that point. Only reason I said that was because of the hiatus and I'm living in the past dreaming of Take This to Your Grave. 

Anyways, I'm intrigued just to hear this and see what VC thinks. I'm more of a Coheed, Thrice, Moving Mountains, Thursday, Circa Survive, etc. type of a guy but I like listening to all type of stuff or at least checking it out.  That being said, I won't be hating on this but there is a strong chance I will listen to it once and then never again.

did you even hear FAD?

Folie a Deux retained Fall Out Boy's signature pop/punk sound, including loud guitars and pounding drums.

To compare that to the three new songs released this year, which contain no live guitars or drums, is incredibly ignorant. Whether you like the new sound or not is subjective and dependent upon your own personal taste, but the upcoming album will unequivocally be a step towards a completely new and different genre for the band.

Folie a Deux retained Fall Out Boy's signature pop/punk sound, including loud guitars and pounding drums.

To compare that to the three new songs released this year, which contain no live guitars or drums, is incredibly ignorant. Whether you like the new sound or not is objective and left up to your own personal taste, but the upcoming album will unequivocically be a step into a completely new and different genre for the band.

I'm pretty sure the latest song has acoustic guitar featured on it. And I think you meant subjective, not objective. haha But yea, I agree that this new album as a whole will be drastically different from any other FOB album from what we can tell from the songs released so far. Can't say I'm find any enjoyment in any of the three songs released so far. Oh well.

I understand why some people would be pumped about this, but the thing I don't get is why an old school Fall Out Boy fan would be even remotely excited. 

And to fans of Jason Mraz, Maroon 5, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, 2 Chainz, Cobra Starship, Ashlee Simpson, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez,  Rebecca Black, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Train.......GET STOKED!!!! THIS IS GONNA BE HUUUUUUUUUUGE!

Good point in the first line. Great point, in fact.

TERRIBLE comparison. Great shock value, but terrible comparison. I'm assuming you know that, but in case you don't, there are only a couple of artists that do that genre like FOB is doing right now. Lady Gaga is one (some of her stuff). It's a much classier version and not meant for teeny boppers. FOB's target audience is, by no means, the same age as when they were last famous. They'll grab that 13-18 for sure, but twenty-somethings will be much more a part of this release than TTTYG, for example.

None of this is a comment on how good it is! Like I said, good point at first--this is a completely different genre and no one would be expected to like TTTYG and Save Rock and Roll.

Yeah well Pete Wentz is friends with Train probably because he directed at least one of their videos. The new track is a "Hey Soul Sister" clone for sure with hints of Fun. 

By the way, I'm not trying to knock FOB with my comparisons earlier, it's just not for me. My sister would love it and so would my college roommate. All those artists/musicians I listed obviously had some success one way or another. FOB will cash out big time with this one. 

Figured i'd quote this, too, so I didn't make you sound crazy lol.

Yes, I've listened to it but I don't remember it much. I did love that song "America's Sweetheart" ... I guess they were already full fledged pop at that point. Only reason I said that was because of the hiatus and I'm living in the past dreaming of Take This to Your Grave. 

Anyways, I'm intrigued just to hear this and see what VC thinks. I'm more of a Coheed, Thrice, Moving Mountains, Thursday, Circa Survive, etc. type of a guy but I like listening to all type of stuff or at least checking it out.  That being said, I won't be hating on this but there is a strong chance I will listen to it once and then never again.

Aaaaah, that explains this, too. We both love old Fall Out Boy, but it's on different sides of our likes. TTTYG and FUTCT are your pop. I live more on the Jack's Mannequin/SOCO, TBS, TSSF, fun., Transit, The Dangerous Summer side of the genre. We both love those old albums, but their new stuff fits much more on the side of TTTYG where I usually live.

I like the new direction, it's not super traditional Fall Out Boy, but it's by no means not Fall Out Boy or bad. Keep in my they haven't worked together in 4 years, so of course it's going to be drastically different like Panic At The Disco's 'Pretty Odd' and then 'Vices and Virtues'. To me I'm getting 'Infinity On High' mixed with 'Folie...' with a bit of 'Cork Tree' thrown in, vibrations from this album, (not the acoustic song of course). The people that are complaining about this are people who want 'FUTCT 2' & 'TTTYG 2' which Fall Out Boy said "We will never make albums like those again as we'd like to cherish them more, but we will retain elements of them." (or something like that)

Point being: This the new Fall Out Boy, weather you like it or not.

Figured i'd quote this, too, so I didn't make you sound crazy lol.

Aaaaah, that explains this, too. We both love old Fall Out Boy, but it's on different sides of our likes. TTTYG and FUTCT are your pop. I live more on the Jack's Mannequin/SOCO, TBS, TSSF, fun., Transit, The Dangerous Summer side of the genre. We both love those old albums, but their new stuff fits much more on the side of TTTYG where I usually live.

Those are some awesome bands you listed!!!  I just don't listen to them as much as the ones I listed :P Although I'm so hyped on Transit right now after seeing them last night...new album keeps growing on me.

I listened to the new Paramore album and it seemed to have a very nice variety on it. I kind of think the FOB record will be similar in that sense after hearing the "Young Volcanoes" track.. It was just so different than the the other two they released. I'm going to try to keep an open mind but it will be hard to find much enjoyment in it with other good music coming out given my tastes.

http://cricketsinmycoatsleeves.tumblr.com/post/47297559294/fall-out-boy-save-rock-and-roll-preview-since-it

Previews of every song, sounds very poppy really looking forward to this now! 

Edit: Just listened to the whole thing, sounds poppy like Panic's album. Not comparing the two just the upbeatness of it.