What's your latest purchase?

So. I just bought some Infinity Qe bookshelf speakers and they sound funny. I've got everything hooked up correctly, I triple checked. They sound drowned out. Not distorted at all. Kinda like they're buried or something, if that makes sense. Could it be the fuses? Any other thoughts?

Note: just an equipment noob looking for help

Dont know if I can help you with those infinity's, I've never used anything by that company myself.

I did just get a pair of ADS L300 bookshelf speakers off Craigslist for use in my dorm room.  They blow my modern klipsch speakers out of the water with their effortless openness and soundstage.

I also finally pulled the trigger on a Schiit Audio Modi DAC.  Should arrive next week, will undoubtedly be a huge upgrade in the sound from laptop -> amp.

I did just get a pair of ADS L300 bookshelf speakers off Craigslist for use in my dorm room.  They blow my modern klipsch speakers out of the water with their effortless openness and soundstage.

I love ADS speakers.  I have a pair of L810's and a pair of L1290/2's and they're both terrific.  One day I'll probably save up for a pair of modern speakers, but if you're okay with going the vintage route, I highly recommend them. They age very well.  Do some reasearch: lots of ADS fans out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been struggling with the sound of system lately.  Tube rolling, cable switching, cartridge swapping, phono stage changing and still not being happy with the sound was starting to bum me out.  I ordered another new cart, a Denon DL-103.  I've been using a DL-160 for years and thought it was alright but I've never been totally in love with it. The mids have always been a little lacking, but in general I found it good.  I tried to go back to a Grado Gold like I used to have (except with an 8MZ stylus) and that didn't work for me either.  I ordered a DL-103 on a whim since I found a good deal on it at Amazon.  It came today so I set it up and gave it a listen.  At the first song I immediately heard a bigger sound stage than the 160, but it sounded kind of off.  By the third song, I was super impressed. Good mids, low surface noise and sibilance, great imaging...  I guess there's a reason this cartridge has been a recommended component for decades. 

Got my Denon DL-110 the other day. So far so good. An obvious improvement over the Ortofon I had on there. Still working on putting my Bottlehead Stereomour amp together. Mostly I've just been too lazy to mess with it, but I'm sure it will have a huge impact on my setup. My old Marantz is on its last leg and needs to be retired.

My last purchase was a set of Morrow Audio SP3 speaker cables for my bedroom setup which is a Marantz 2245 with Bowers & Wilkins DM600 S3 speakers. I've got about ~700 hours on them now and the sound stage has definitely opened up significantly than the rather basic cables I had previously. Definitely worth the price as far as I'm concerned.

Both look extremely sharp. What do you think of the Marantz table?

It's beautiful and sounds great.  I got a nice deal on it, so my plan is to use it for a few months to see how I feel about it and possibly sell it to upgrade.  Marantz turntables from this era are very nice, but they tend to be a little overvalued.  

It came with the original box, packing material and setup instructions.  The box still had a sticker from the original sale on it, dated 2/3/78. 

Hello everyone, interested in getting some feedback.

Building my first hifi. As many, trying to maximize sound in a budget minded manner.

I have:

a pair of Monitor Audio Silver Rx2's (open box, paid $550)

Musical Fidelity V90 LPS Phono preamp (open box, paid $199)

I am waiting on a u-turn orbit plus with acrylic platter and grado blue cart

I want to upgrade to a true integrated amp (currently using my marantz slimline reciever and know this is not ideal). I am considering the NAD316BEE

Thoughts on the U-turn? Thoughts on the NAD316BEE?

If I'm all in for

Monitor Audio silver Rx2's. 550

Musical Fidelity v90lps. 200

U-turn plus with grado blue 360

NAD 316BEE 380

TOTAL. $1,490. USD

Could I do any better with anything else in the under $1,500 range????

Did a good deal of upgrading over the past 2 months or so. Will be upgrading to a Marantz TT-15S1 within the month, but for now, here's my simple but very effective setup:

1000x1000px-LL-9dbabe13_44C5C9E8-7B31-43

500x700px-LL-b5c3bca2_36DD8260-41BB-4E38

-Polk RTI A7s

-Marantz SR6008

-Pro-Ject Debut Carbon

-Standard Sony 5-disc CD Changer

-1TB Hard-Drive for all the 1s & 0s

-V-Moda M-100 headphones for late-night listening

-Audioquest Golden Gate interconnects all around

After lurking around for a while, I decided to finally take the plunge on some gear. Bought a Debut Carbon and a Marantz PM6004. The Marantz is waiting for when I get home today, and the Debut should be in on Monday. Have a pair of Klipsch speakers that my parents gave to me. Not sure of the model. Ready to finally listen to my records on some decent stuff!