Eh, flipping records in it's essence is a very small version of the stock market. Which causes actual problems in this world.

Target the stock market, not a hobby cared about by a seriously small minority in the world.

Yup, bigger problems in the world than pop-punk records being re-sold at inflated prices.

The dude that wrote that acticle is really butthurt. Don't wanna pay out the ass for a record then don't. If it's something you want and can afford it, do it.

It's as simple as this. I mean, I was fortunate and got both of the recent FOB represses. You know what I would have done if I didn't get one, or either? Nothing, it's not a big deal.

The whole premise is "screwing over the fan".  Couple things.

Why didn't "the fan" get on the website fast enough to place an order?

Why is it somebody else's problem that said "fan" is willing to hand over the extra cash to buy the record?

If nobody was willing to buy flipped records, we wouldn't have this "problem", now would we?

You know who I blame if I'm late to a record buying party?  Myself.  I can understand being disappointed in yourself for not getting a record fast enough, complaining about others though for your self-induced misfortune?  Seems pretty childish to me...

Lastly, do you know who else is to blame for record flipping?  The labels and bands that everyone worships that uses the whole "limited edition" marketing ploy to help push their albums.

I have no problems with a fan buying an extra copy to flip or gift. I've done this several times. (Though I have yet to sell one yet) The problem lies when one person or company buys lots of copies to flip. The conspiracy nutjob that lives inside my head thinks copies are never as limited as they Want you too believe. So after 500 hundred copies sellout....a representative/friend/whathaveyou sells x amount on ebay. I have yet to uncover any hard evidence though.

I have no problems with a fan buying an extra copy to flip or gift. I've done this several times. (Though I have yet to sell one yet) The problem lies when one person or company buys lots of copies to flip. The conspiracy nutjob that lives inside my head thinks copies are never as limited as they Want you too believe. So after 500 hundred copies sellout....a representative/friend/whathaveyou sells x amount on ebay. I have yet to uncover any hard evidence though.

I agree, the labels should limit the number sold to an individual on limited edition pressings and for the most part they do. If they dont put those protections in place, theyre the ones who are 100% at fault when someone buys up a big allotment of one of these records. Labels need to know their market.

Guest realtalk

I agree, the labels should limit the number sold to an individual on limited edition pressings and for the most part they do. If they dont put those protections in place, theyre the ones who are 100% at fault when someone buys up a big allotment of one of these records. Labels need to know their market.

You're right.

It's the label's fault that individuals who need lollipop color vinyl are forced at gunpoint to buy said lollipops.