May be moving soon. help me out with info

So our lease is up in August and as a birthday gift to myself, I'll be packing my bags and leaving the state. I moved back to austin and realized, i have been so far removed from this city over the years that i can't stay here any longer. My closest friends have moved on my family has passed on so I'm free of any burden or anything holding me here. 

Anyone have any suggestion? been really thinking about living in the small cities like Burlington, VT, or the likes. Ann Arbor, MI looked pleasant. I just want to live in a peaceful town, where i can get a job, and just save and have some extra scratch to take my 2 vacations a year for a weekend. make a fresh start. How's public transpo in Minneapolis? CO looks promising. I need to get away from the heat too. I love cold and rain. I lived in Portland for a bit and i was wearing hoodies in 30 degree temps. cold is not a problem for me, even in the 0 degree temps. 

hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advance. 

I live in Valley Forge/King Of Prussia PA and it kicks ass. My gf and I spend a ton of time in valley forge park during the summer, you're close enough to Philly that the commute is fine. There's a ton of awesome stuff to do (record stores, restaurants, venues) around Philly and this area. The rent is cheap enough that you can save money and still get a nice place.

I live in Valley Forge/King Of Prussia PA and it kicks ass. My gf and I spend a ton of time in valley forge park during the summer, you're close enough to Philly that the commute is fine. There's a ton of awesome stuff to do (record stores, restaurants, venues) around Philly and this area. The rent is cheap enough that you can save money and still get a nice place.

that's actually cool. i use to live near there. well i lived in paoli and worked in wayne. i loved that area, for the exception of the year i lived there everyone was in their little nitch groups. which was ok, i guess. i still did more there than i do here. which is odd. it was a nice area though. i wonder how jobs are there at the moment though. well any job. i'm really not picky.

that's actually cool. i use to live near there. well i lived in paoli and worked in wayne. i loved that area, for the exception of the year i lived there everyone was in their little nitch groups. which was ok, i guess. i still did more there than i do here. which is odd. it was a nice area though. i wonder how jobs are there at the moment though. well any job. i'm really not picky.

Oh cool, my gf works in the paoli/malvern area and we both go to school there. As for work, it really depends on what you wanna do, both my gf and I work as direct support staff, me to children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and her to people with traumatic brain injuries. Both of our companies are constantly hiring so theres that, comcast is also always hiring so if you wanna do customer service theres that. Plus theres the KOP mall, so theres always work there haha.

i loved that area, for the exception of the year i lived there everyone was in their little nitch groups.

This is why all my friends live in NJ. I have lived in Philly for about a year and a half now and only have acquaintances. What kind of job are you looking for? There are a lot of openings in the city and just outside of it. 

Oh cool, my gf works in the paoli/malvern area and we both go to school there. As for work, it really depends on what you wanna do, both my gf and I work as direct support staff, me to children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and her to people with traumatic brain injuries. Both of our companies are constantly hiring so theres that, comcast is also always hiring so if you wanna do customer service theres that. Plus theres the KOP mall, so theres always work there haha.

Its my life long dream to work at a wawa. :P

you should just move to seattle, you can live homeless year-round, and everyone is such a passive hippy there. 

seattle is pretty sweet. haha

I lived in new england almost all of my life, Boston for about 3-4 of those years. Boston is wonderful if you dont mind the cold. you can always find something new around the area. 

seattle is pretty sweet. haha

I lived in new england almost all of my life, Boston for about 3-4 of those years. Boston is wonderful if you dont mind the cold. you can always find something new around the area. 

yeah i agree, almost anywhere in new england. i grew up in a little farm town in CT and then lived in Boston for 5 years for school. im moving back the first chance i get. you'll get all the seasons. i like that. they are getting 30+ inches of snow this weekend