Is there any reason to believe that they they put all 500 of these up for PO online? I'm thinking that some will be sent to record stores, etc. I wouldn't lose hope if you didn't snag one today.

I'd like to think that if this is true, it would be a different variant. I've rarely seen a "limited" version on merchnow also be distributed elsewhere... that being said, who knows if there is a widely available variant that is to be sent out via retail, or if there is a SRC/HT Exclusive (though you would think a representative would have been in here to notify us of that). I, for one, do think all 500 were listed on merchnow (save for a couple held back in case some come in damaged) and that they will do a repress since it sold out so quickly if there is not a widely available variant already in the works.

Same here... not the most cost efficient way of pressing a record, but then again, look at glassJAW. 120 separate cut-outs of different colored records...

They encourage that cult-following, Sugarcult doesn't seem like the kind of band who would sell rare 7"s with personal pizzas in NYC. They know exactly what they're doing. If Sugarcult can move 500 copies of an old album in one day, why wouldn't they try and double up? Free money, essentially.

They encourage that cult-following, Sugarcult doesn't seem like the kind of band who would sell rare 7"s with personal pizzas in NYC. They know exactly what they're doing. If Sugarcult can move 500 copies of an old album in one day, why wouldn't they try and double up? Free money, essentially.

oh no definately. I'm surprised it was ONLY a pressing of 500. I was just using glassJAw as the model of inefficiency that somehow still thrives (due to the cult following you mentioned).

i just woke up to see that this was sold out.  

its been one of my white whale records for the year.  hope they press more.

Same here -.-

I'd love to get this on vinyl, but i'm afraid my best bet will be eBay. I also have the 2 limited 7 inches the band released years ago for the two singles on Start Static. Own also the full album on vinyl would make me so happy!