THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Jelly of that Loveless BIN.  I know it's been asked and answered before, but what's the situation on that repress?  I know the reissue wasn't "certified" or approved or whatever.  (Which makes me think of it as more of a bootleg than anything else.)  I've been hearing news of a tentative repress for a few years now, but am admittedly growing a little tired of the wait.

^"..in America, Warner Bros. licensed Loveless and Isn't Anything to Plain Records, and they basically just ripped [the audio] off the CD and put it on vinyl [in 2003]. They did an awful, terrible job. It was done without my permission, and the sound quality was 100% wrong. It was a rip off to anyone who bought it." - Kevin Shields

^"..in America, Warner Bros. licensed Loveless and Isn't Anything to Plain Records, and they basically just ripped [the audio] off the CD and put it on vinyl [in 2003]. They did an awful, terrible job. It was done without my permission, and the sound quality was 100% wrong. It was a rip off to anyone who bought it." - Kevin Shields

Yeah, that's exactly what I recall reading.  Thanks.  I still wish a proper reissue would see the light of day sooner than later.

Yeah, that's exactly what I recall reading.  Thanks.  I still wish a proper reissue would see the light of day sooner than later.

Kevin stated that vinyl reissues are definitely coming at some point. This was quite some time ago when they were releasing 2CD remasters of their albums.

Also, according to Discogs, there's a newer bootleg floating around that came out this year:

http://www.discogs.com/My-Bloody-Valentine-Loveless/release/4443232

Brilliance from the listing:

About Us

With over 15 years of experience, we are recognized as one of Canada's top IN-PERSON autograph collectors. We specialize in IN-PERSON signatures & memorabilia, and have collected autographs at various airports concerts, red carpets, and movie sets all around the world.

There's nothing worse than doubting the authenticity of your item. We started adopting PROOFING methods in 2006; and now are experts in EXACT PROOF. Simply put, we almost always have a photograph or video every item that we get signed. This is a skill that few others can offer. The major authentication service companies commonly use photos of our items as reference materials.

Except that without a real COA, it's not really authentic and verified. Also, their blurb should read: we just flip signed things on ebay.

of the many ridiculous things here, my favorite is the username "jodeci78," created in 1999

You just don't understand dude, the cover is not a place for a signature, it has his beautiful face on it, why ruin that?