THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Just quickly, my video game story

I still have heaps, I will probably sell off soon. I used to go to cash converters, which is a chain pawn shop down here, and buy all the nes games. 3 hecs games I got for $7.50 I sold last year for $850. One of them was one of the rarest games made on nes (by a third party) called little red hood I think. The prices fluctuate heaps. So if you keep your eyes on them you can make a mint/get a great deal

Just quickly, my video game story

I still have heaps, I will probably sell off soon. I used to go to cash converters, which is a chain pawn shop down here, and buy all the nes games. 3 hecs games I got for $7.50 I sold last year for $850. One of them was one of the rarest games made on nes (by a third party) called little red hood I think. The prices fluctuate heaps. So if you keep your eyes on them you can make a mint/get a great deal

Yeah I'm trying to get rid of my video game stuff to. The "rarest" game I still have is double dragon (the first) for genesis. Its one of those games where there be like 2 on ebay (probably about 10 per year) but only sell for 25 dollars because the video game market is screwed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I made an offer of $25 with a note saying "Yes." Fingers crossed that I win it!

Q:  Hello, I am just curious, did the band sign directly on the vinyl or is it a clear sleeve they signed?

A:  Hi. They signed the actual vinyl. :)

-Not crazy eBay record price related, but...-

About 5 and a half years ago, I lost my copy of Banjo Tooie on N64 somehow. My girlfriend and I collectively spent full days looking everywhere that we could think of in each of our houses. We looked for ages and hope started to fade but since it was one of my favourite games, I never gave up. Eventually, there was nowhere else it could possibly be so we came to the conclusion that someone we know must have grabbed it, accidentally or otherwise, as we would often have N64 sessions with people we knew.

I decided to have a look on eBay yesterday to try and get another copy because I loved the first person egg shooter game mode and needed to play it again. I was looking through the listings, and found a copy that looked incredibly similar to my old game. With the majority of our N64 games that we owned at the time, my super organized mother wrote the name on top of each game so that we could easily pick one out instead of flipping through all the cartridges. The copy on eBay looks identical to my mums writing so with 99% certainty of it being my old copy, I decided to grab it.

I also messaged the seller just to ask if he somehow remembered who sold it to him, and he just said "Sorry man, I've had it for a few years so I wouldn't have a clue". So the mystery of who took the game is still unsolved, but if it turns out to be my copy then it will be incredible.

Now to wait for it to arrive. Will post updates.

I was very excited for this, but it still hasn't been posted yet :(

Now a Saves the Day - Can't Slow Down LP on the other hand, great for all ages.

I just bought one for $55 ppd on this board though and thought I overpaid. People are idiots. (myself included obviously, I just couldn't do without it any more so I made a higher offer than I should have. That said...looking for a reasonable price on Through Being Cool  ;) )

I want to know what occasion was constituted as special enough for the record to be played.  Was it every new presidential election or something?  And why 3 times? haha