THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

2 day left and its already $169.00 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-Ten-2-LP-Set-120-Gram-Coke-Bottle-Clear-Vinyl-Record-Numbered-Of-2000/111420941948?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D24641%26meid%3D8812005995808351448%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D10413%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D301144654940

The craziest LP I've ever sold was an original 1996 sealed copy of TOOL's AENIMA. I had an offer of $550 from a guy in Australia who I guess was one of the biggest TOOL collectors out there. 

From the description:

"I had an offer for 3,000 on it a couple years ago but declined as it was too valuable to me and I know once this record is out of my possession I will never find one like it again."

(Strikethrough added by me, of course...)

Hahahaha, wtf. I would rather have a copy that isn't misprinted and pay less for it. I got a copy for $40 at a store a few months back and would take $3,000 (or $500 ;) )for it in an instant.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/174237431X/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&colid=1OVH02DKPEGXN&coliid=I39EQ44YQT45IB&condition=used

This isn't eBay or vinyl, but I'd really like to know what's going on with the bottom two.

I see things like this on Amazon Marketplace all the time. I presume it's some kind of glitch in the software that these larger vendors use for pricing, but sometimes it gets hilarious.

Random eBay question- if a user retracts a bid on your auction and cites a false explanation, in this case that I changed the product description, does it reflect negatively on the seller in eBay's internal system? Or is it just another dumb bid retraction that goes on the bidder's record?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/174237431X/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&colid=1OVH02DKPEGXN&coliid=I39EQ44YQT45IB&condition=used

This isn't eBay or vinyl, but I'd really like to know what's going on with the bottom two.

I pretend that its the new way for drug lords to launder money :) 

Random eBay question- if a user retracts a bid on your auction and cites a false explanation, in this case that I changed the product description, does it reflect negatively on the seller in eBay's internal system? Or is it just another dumb bid retraction that goes on the bidder's record?

You're ok as far as eBay is concerned. They don't track this sort of thing (sadly) and there is hardly any way to hold the bidder accountable. 

Depends of the nature/impact of the changing you made, I guess.

I pretend that its the new way for drug lords to launder money :)

You're ok as far as eBay is concerned. They don't track this sort of thing (sadly) and there is hardly any way to hold the bidder accountable. 

Sounds good.  Thanks.

Depends of the nature/impact of the changing you made, I guess.

There was no change made to the listing.  They bid & then canceled 4 minutes later.  I was just asking in the off chance that my rating could be impacted by such claims.