THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

current bid: 666

Also, on the Deja, I thought about bidding but I just figured someone had a max bid of $12908324 and I didn't want to get my hopes up.

plenty to LOL at in this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-9-Ltd-Ed-Color-Vinyl-Ergs-NFG-Disfear-/190419238948?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2c55df0024

As most Collectors know a few years ago, Companies started pressing Limited Special Edition vinyl in conjunction with a new interest in Vinyl. Most of these NEW Releases were in Very Limited Pressings making it Very likely they will be RARE Collectible Recordings in the Near Future. Now is your chance to get a nice selection for a good price.

Wow, awesome trifecta of random capitalization, use of the word "vinyl" AND comic sans font.

Why does one make a "promo" copy of a bootleg record?

Wow, I went full retard on that. That's embarrassing. Guess I should do some research on records before I consider buying them.

In that case, I don't give a shit that I missed that.

Why does one make a "promo" copy of a bootleg record?

Wow, I went full retard on that. That's embarrassing. Guess I should do some research on records before I consider buying them.

In that case, I don't give a shit that I missed that.

haha. Yeah, that record has been bootlegged a ton.

A good Germs reference page here: http://recordcollectorsoftheworldunite.com/artists/germs/germs.html

I just don't get why a bootlegger would make "promo" copies. Like they are going to somehow promote an illegitimate release of an all time classic.

I saw Lazy Labrador referenced on another thread - I haven't been around here long enough to know the story, anyone care to share?

Are you at all familiar with the eBay seller awesomebuttons? She essentially just changed her name. In my opinion, her last few auctions - especially that On My Shield 7" - have been some of her craziest ones in a while. Tough times, I suppose.

This should not have sold for any more than 6 or 8 bucks at the most.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Overcome-Amnesty-7-z....item 43a2092ff3

Holy shit, I have that Overcome "Amnesty 7". I think I need to sell it now.

I like that band. If for nothing else, that's one of the very first Facedown 7"s. Their early stuff always sells big.