THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

I missed this a month ago. A guy had two up promo copies of this. One sold, the other didn't. I'd gladly take a promo copy over spending $25-60 for the official release:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lupe-Fiascos-LP-Food-and-Liquor-Promotional-Copy-Not-For-Sale-PR-302375-/171063863450?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Wv5PVJ5UiTDqxW4tLmeafl65nvs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Don't know if you have it or not, but somebody has a few copies of Lasers for $7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lupe-Fiasco-Lasers-Vinyl-2-Disc-LP-/330955974335?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4d0e8366bf

Don't know if this has been posted or if this guy is serious but...... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blink-182-s-t-Self-Titled-Pink-Green-Vinyl-2-LP-12-NEW-Enema-of-the-State-/330948091725?pt=UK_Records&hash=item4d0e0b1f4d

Not many of these were pressed - and this must be one of the only ones in the UK. - Favorite part right here.

Don't know if this has been posted or if this guy is serious but...... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blink-182-s-t-Self-Titled-Pink-Green-Vinyl-2-LP-12-NEW-Enema-of-the-State-/330948091725?pt=UK_Records&hash=item4d0e0b1f4d

Not many of these were pressed - and this must be one of the only ones in the UK. - Favorite part right here.

well. when you're a fan, you think, that your favorite band's records are priceless...or you're just stupid

Don't know if you have it or not, but somebody has a few copies of Lasers for $7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lupe-Fiasco-Lasers-Vinyl-2-Disc-LP-/330955974335?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4d0e8366bf

Ha. I tried to haggle with the guy to get it for $1. It's not something I need but it would be cool. I think he'll accept a best offer of $4, he said.

Okay, here's my latest eBay craziness story.

There was an item I wanted to purchase on ebay. I bid as high as I could, and ultimately got outbid. The item went for around $600. Later in that week, having lost the bid,I made a different but equally large purchase and was back to having zero expendable cash for fun shit.

Later in the week I get a message from the seller, the winning bidder refused to pay and since I was so interested (I must have placed a dozen bids) he would be willing to sell it to me privately for $400. Okay, fair enough, I'm all for it, but now I'm broke. So I told him my predicament and I would understand if he would just rather relist it again instead of waiting around for me to pay, but if he was willing to wait a little while for me to save up a bit and maybe sell some things, I would be very willing to make the purchase. He was okay with this and told me he would give me until the end of July.

We correspond over the 2 month period and keep eachother updated. Come yesterday, I message him and tell him I would be ready to make the purchase within the week, and asked him to provide his PayPal address.

He does, asks me to send another $10 for shipping and mark the payment as a gift. I wouldn't do this for a $10 item, let alone a $400 item. I need some kind of protection on a purchase this big. Unfortunately I am at the mercy of the seller, as it is an absolutely one of a kind item and will never find another for sale - no other can exist.

I tell the seller I would not do this, but I would send him $415 through PayPal marked as a purchase - this would more than cover media mail shipping and PayPal fees

The seller sends a message saying this would be fine. Then, less than 2 minutes later, sends another message saying this is actually not okay and would prefer me to send him a money order for the $415. Again, no protection, he can take the money and run with it.

I'm really pissed because I really really really want this, one can even argue that I actually do NEED this item. And this guy is being a major douchehole. Now he is completely going back on the agreement we made in regards to pricing and payment method, and relisted the item on eBay as a buy it now for $800. He says if it doesn't sell there, he will consider doing a PayPal transaction with me, even though he had been telling me all along that this would be okay and only just yesterday got the idea of a money order up his ass.

I am ashamed to say (but only slightly so) that I did make a new eBay account to "purchase" the item without paying. And I will continue doing so as well, if necessary. The guy made an agreement to sell it to me, I waited a long motherfucking time for this, and if he finna go against our agreement and sell it on eBay instead, then good fucking luck to him. He'll need it.

Seller messaged me in regards to paying a shitload of taxes on a large PayPal sale, he won't have to if I send a money order, and why can't I just send a money order.

What do? This is so frustrating. I don't feel safe or comfortable with a money order at all but I'm going to lose out on a huge opportunity if I can't get a hold of this sooo

Seller messaged me in regards to paying a shitload of taxes on a large PayPal sale, he won't have to if I send a money order, and why can't I just send a money order.

What do? This is so frustrating. I don't feel safe or comfortable with a money order at all but I'm going to lose out on a huge opportunity if I can't get a hold of this sooo

Offer to send him 4 separate payments?

Ehhh I dunno I don't feel so great about this money order thing at all. Just gonna keep trying to convince him to use PayPal. Just checked the other email, and he "canceled" the purchase from the other account, which he shouldn't have any reason to think it is me. So perhaps he is thinking of offering it to me by PayPal like we originally agreed on... Which really would be the right friggin thing to do. I even offered to pay more to offset those fees he's so butthurt over, but this is just beyond frustrating.

Don't do the money order thing. Ever.

As I thought

A new turn of events.

All Paypal transactions are considered income. Taxes are not taken out and are considered taxable income. Someone using a McDonalds address in California bought the tape. I have relisted the item on Ebay. I have blocked you and the buyer from bidding on any of my items. I have reported the phony purchase to Ebay. They are tracking down the purchaser's IP and banning that person from Ebay. I hope it wasn't you. Do not write me any more. You will never get this tape no matter how many user names you use. Have a nice life.

And I say,

An interesting turn of events. Remember, Karma is a bitch, and what goes around does indeed come around. Hope you enjoy the tape, and have a nice life as well. Remember - I am the one in this situation that attempted to do things legitimately, and every course of action you have taken speaks volumes about your character. A scam artist and an all around disreputable person. I'd much rather not support or deal with people of your character.

Cheers.

Annoying, but them's the breaks.

'--edit, your last post came just as I was about to post this, but I think the sentiment stands.. and also Kudos for the entertaining follow through.... Mcdonalds éh! ahahah!--'

i think you're seeing this 'opportunity'  through the rose colored glasses of desire. its shading your rational mind! you said yourself you wouldn't do these things for 10 dollar item, yet your wanting is pushing you to do it with hundreds of dollars!  Every record I have REALLY REALLY wanted has come around again at some point. Often times if I was quick on the draw (Deja Entendu for 20, YFW for 15...hand to god!!), I got the deal of the century..of course those lucky moments just even out the times I let my desire overtake me. But those days are gone (mostly), Ive learned to just wait it out. I  feel pretty confident almost every person on here has let this NEED for a record (or whatever else) put them in a situation they regretted. But from experience, I gotta say, step back wait!  Sorry to sound like a downer here, realize you'll get it eventually without taking a huge risk....

'--edit, your last post came just as I was about to post this, but I think the sentiment stands.. and also Kudos for the entertaining follow through.... Mcdonalds éh! ahahah!--'

i think you're seeing this 'opportunity' through the rose colored glasses of desire. its shading your rational mind! you said yourself you wouldn't do these things for 10 dollar item, yet your wanting is pushing you to do it with hundreds of dollars! Every record I have REALLY REALLY wanted has come around again at some point. Often times if I was quick on the draw (Deja Entendu for 20, YFW for 15...hand to god!!), I got the deal of the century..of course those lucky moments just even out the times I let my desire overtake me. But those days are gone (mostly), Ive learned to just wait it out. I feel pretty confident almost every person on here has let this NEED for a record (or whatever else) put them in a situation they regretted. But from experience, I gotta say, step back wait! Sorry to sound like a downer here, realize you'll get it eventually without taking a huge risk....

You're absolutely right, and I do agree. I always set a price for something and if it goes above my limit, I let it walk. I don't need anything that badly, or at all. This however was a bit different, not being a record but the actual master tape that could be used to produce a record... A master tape that has been missing from Capitol/universal's vaults for a long time now, no less. There will be no "2nd" time around for this particular item. I smelled a ripe opportunity, it came and went, and that's the best I can make of it. Just time to plan something else that I can put out. I would love to start a label and be able to release some truly awesome things that everyone would love, but I really need some opportunity to actually put out something I can sell, and availability is a big factor. No label will want to hand over their precious masters to someone who has no track record with that type of release whatsoever. I need to put out something first. I have lots of plans of course, but regardless of plans, in the end it comes down to what's available, what you can get your hands on and what you can't. I saw this as the first thing that would be very marketable that would be within reach, but I never counted on dealing with a douche, and that's my own fault. I've certainly learned a few lessons from this experience.

1. Stop spending money on shit you don't need so you'll have it when you do actually need it.

2. Just fucking pay the guy immediately and don't give anyone even a slight chance to think of or say anything stupid. If I just opened a friggin credit card a couple of months ago am sent a payment, none of this would have happened.

3. Come up with a better business plan that doesn't rely on some eBay seller so heavily for a first release.

As I thought

A new turn of events.

And I say,

Annoying, but them's the breaks.

All Paypal transactions are considered income. Taxes are not taken out and are considered taxable income. Someone using a McDonalds address in California bought the tape. I have relisted the item on Ebay. I have blocked you and the buyer from bidding on any of my items. I have reported the phony purchase to Ebay. They are tracking down the purchaser's IP and banning that person from Ebay. I hope it wasn't you. Do not write me any more. You will never get this tape no matter how many user names you use. Have a nice life.

Um, can you legitimately get banned from eBay for not paying on an overpriced item? I hardly doubt eBay would go through that trouble. Sorry this happened man. 

Um, can you legitimately get banned from eBay for not paying on an overpriced item? I hardly doubt eBay would go through that trouble. Sorry this happened man.

It's alright man, thank you though. Shit happens. And nah, I don't think they can even link it to my other account in any other way. I've reported other accounts for directly observable scummy activity, and they haven't done a thing. I'm not worried about my eBay account in the slightest. I do kinda regret placing the false bid, it was stupid and wouldn't accomplish anything, but I did not think rationally and tried whatever I could to protect the purchase I felt I deserved. Not my finest moment.