THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Guest johneedeformed

I made sure not to use foul language towards you because I don't want you to notify law enforcement on me.

Foul language isn't the problem. Law enforcement gets involved if you keep contacting me after I've told you not to. This is how restraining orders work. Amazing! I know!

Guest johneedeformed

I like how you each add a comment and then get mad when someone else adds a comment. It has to end somewhere? 

Guest johneedeformed

"Ermagherd! This guy is wasting his time arguing with other people who also have nothing better to do with their time but respond to this guy and tell him he is wasting his time."

Insert Derek's pointless last word about last words below...

Some conversations with eBay staff today:

I was scammed out of $1000, I told the agent helping me that I'm really hurting. He said, "What difference does it make, you were willing to spend that amount anyway." That has to be one of the most offensive comments ever. But only other eBay staffers can up that.

On regarding why I have to send a CD to the scammer who sent me a record, the staffer said, "It's like if you shop at target and get a rock instead of a CD, you need to take the rock back for a refund."
I said, "That's a good analogy but--"

The kid interjected, "That's a great analogy."

I said, "No, no it isn't. And here is why. Target is a legitimate business. This scammer is a thief."

"Our investigation did not find the seller to be a scammer."

"Look at her feedback, 10 negatives from people who purchased records between $100 and $1000, everyone with the same complaint. Tell me that's not a scam."

And finally, "You need to send the CD back to the seller."
"So I send "a" CD--"

"You're not making this any better for yourself. You're giving us reason to doubt you."
"Listen, if I send the CD, the seller could claim it's not the right one or damaged. So if I sent "any" CD, it wouldn't matter. You don't even know what the CD is."

I was on the phone for 2.5 hours with 4 different reps and got absolutely nowhere.

Some conversations with eBay staff today:

I was scammed out of $1000, I told the agent helping me that I'm really hurting. He said, "What difference does it make, you were willing to spend that amount anyway." That has to be one of the most offensive comments ever. But only other eBay staffers can up that.

On regarding why I have to send a CD to the scammer who sent me a record, the staffer said, "It's like if you shop at target and get a rock instead of a CD, you need to take the rock back for a refund."

I said, "That's a good analogy but--"

The kid interjected, "That's a great analogy."

I said, "No, no it isn't. And here is why. Target is a legitimate business. This scammer is a thief."

"Our investigation did not find the seller to be a scammer."

"Look at her feedback, 10 negatives from people who purchased records between $100 and $1000, everyone with the same complaint. Tell me that's not a scam."

And finally, "You need to send the CD back to the seller."

"So I send "a" CD--"

"You're not making this any better for yourself. You're giving us reason to doubt you."

"Listen, if I send the CD, the seller could claim it's not the right one or damaged. So if I sent "any" CD, it wouldn't matter. You don't even know what the CD is."

I was on the phone for 2.5 hours with 4 different reps and got absolutely nowhere.

I read parts of this and glanced at the account info beneath your avatar.  Are you or are you not trading CDs for moon rocks?

I could care less what the dipshit does with his shitty records. When he starts acting like a douchebag towards other collectors I'm going to draw attention to it. Have a nice day! :)

Dude, you're new and I get that. I also get your grievance. You have even made your point in probably the only appropriate place to do it on these forums. Now its best to let it go and be happy your not banned. Right now with the amount of posting its borderline spam. You may have a solid point but now that you made it public to resolve it in private please. 

The point of this thread is to draw attention to ebay craziness but its up to users and ebayers to manage situations on their own. Its never a good idea to come into an open forum and post about it over and over. We get it. We understand both parties now and honestly those who choose to give a shit will and those who don't never will.

If you wanna use the forums feel free to add constructive comments, humour, or memes occasionally but we are not a self help book nor the ebay terms of service. I mean this as sincere advice. Let it go and let those in power do what they have to do. If nothing comes of it than be happy you tried I guess. TBH worse cases of ebay craziness occur every day. 

Thats too funny man.

And

When that dude was talking about calling the cops over some ebay/vc record slight, i just kept thinking how hard the person taking that call would laugh.

Guest ShittyRamboDouche

Thats too funny man.

And

When that dude was talking about calling the cops over some ebay/vc record slight, i just kept thinking how hard the person taking that call would laugh.

Pretty funny that you would even think the guy was being 100% serious about it too. I'm sure it was TOTALLY said with 100% INTENT to FOLLOW THROUGH. RIght? lulz!