THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Had a guy totally lie in a negative feedback once; briefly entertained the thought of sending him an anonymous letter that said on ___ I was going to murder his family. Figured that probably would be an overreaction 

Really dude? You told me how many times you were going to give me and my whole family Columbian neck ties if I didnt ship you your jerseys by a certain date? Dont even front bro....you totally said it to that random ebay guy

All three pressings of an oop album for 30. That is a crazy good deal if you're into variant collecting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/State-Faults-Desolate-Peaks-LP-lot-No-Sleep-Touche-Amore-La-Dispute-Title-Fight-/121192719820?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1c37a625cc

Thanks duder. Good thing I get up early.

Thanks... how do you know it's from the first press? I think the pic that Kurt posted on Facebook from the new press had blank labels, is this how you knew?

Well I don't know for sure, but I saw that the first press had 16 tests and the listing said it was out of 16. Seems unlikely that they did 16 again for the repress.

Sold a perfect copy of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons to user "louiebig". I packed it like a champ. He received it. 2 weeks later he filed an eBay claim saying "I've been having problems with defective games lately" and that he wanted a refund. I insisted that it was in perfect working order when I shipped it and that he should test it on a different console. He said he had multiple consoles and that it's definitely the game. I didn't want to but I told him I'd refund him if he returned it to me and warned him that I wasn't going to be scammed. He said he'd leave me positive feedback once he received the refund. I received the game and of course it worked perfectly. I contacted eBay about it and they said to refund him anyway. I gave him the refund and then he gave me negative feedback saying that I was rude and sold him a defective game and not to buy from me. 

What a douchebag. 

What a jerk.  I'm so sick of the buyer having all of the power on E-Bay.

I sold an iPhone 5 to someone, and 40 days later (one of the last days you can open a case) the buyer opened a case and claimed the volume buttons didn't work. The phone worked perfectly when I shipped it, including the volume buttons. Basically I told them I thought they were trying to scam me and just have a free phone to use for over a month before they sent it back for a full refund. I refused to refund them, and now the case has just been sitting open for the past 10 days. Meanwhile PayPal has put a hold on $340 so my paypal account is like $320 in the hole, which is a pretty big inconvenience haha.

So yeah, I'm about done selling shit on eBay. 

What a jerk.  If the buttons didn't work I think he would have discovered that the first day or two.

Just scored Silverstein's A Shipwreck in the Sand for $16 shipped. Usually goes for 50-70 bucks! I feel a little bad for the kid who sold it. He probably doesn't know what Media Mail is, so he's going to spend all of his profits on Priority Mail.

It sells for that much? I got it for 2 bucks at hot topic like 2 years ago

Not too much craziness but I do find myself lurking ebay when I'm bored. As I've said elsewhere I got a mint Flaming Lips/Neon Indian RSD thing for 8, and Ceremony - Rohnert Park for 8 as well. Recently I got Crystal Skulls for 5, which was unbelievable, it's not really expensive or rare I just can't FIND it anywhere. Only other time I found it was someone on this site and they never got back to me.

I am curious how you guys search on ebay. What I listen to doesn't really fit the stereotype of the site and often just searching for a name of a band results in nothing, or some 'Buy It Now' listings that I would never do at that price. I usually hit 33 and 45 RPM, LP and Double LP and EP, and Auction Only and go by the stuff that's ending soonest and just sift pages until I'm done or bored. I don't really do singles. Any better methods?

Just a word of advice. Before you share how awesome a deal you scored on eBay wait until you actually receive it. Counting chickens before the egg hatches rule!

Also yesterday someone said they sold a record for a really profitable price and was going to buy the uber special color repress version instead and the guy who bought the record actually was on the board and replied! Haha, it was pretty awkward!

Just a word of advice. Before you share how awesome a deal you scored on eBay wait until you actually receive it. Counting chickens before the egg hatches rule!

Also yesterday someone said they sold a record for a really profitable price and was going to buy the uber special color repress version instead and the guy who bought the record actually was on the board and replied! Haha, it was pretty awkward!

That was me. How is it awkward? thejesseb made a profit. I got a rare first pressing.

That was me. How is it awkward? thejesseb made a profit. I got a rare first pressing.

Now this is awkward...

It's awkward in the sense that you rarely see someone from eBay on the same forums as the seller/buyer, then communicate afterwards. Since you guys met each other you should meet him half way cancel the transaction on eBay and just pay over PayPal and get some feedback points on VC  ;)

Now this is awkward...

It's awkward in the sense that you rarely see someone from eBay on the same forums as the seller/buyer, then communicate afterwards. Since you guys met each other you should meet him half way cancel the transaction on eBay and just pay over PayPal and get some feedback points on VC  ;)

Why do you care so much?