Po: Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket Lp + 3 7"s

jhulud

Here's what $50 bought me.

• 3 7" singles, one of which has it's two songs improperly split over the two sides.

• jackets for the 3 singles that will surely develop ringwear over time if stored as intended in the novelty packaging. But no worries guys, they came with the ringwear already formed. Great job SRC.

• a very nice novelty jacket, which is super if you ignore the fact that the seams were improperly glued and the thing is already coming apart on it's own from day 1, and also the fact that there will be "square-wear" visible on the solid black outer jacket if the included singles are stored as intended.

• a 10+ year old album of songs that I've already known and loved for years, no new music, no demos, no alternate mixes or takes. The equivalent of a cd I could've bought for 9 bucks at Walmart any day of the week if I didn't own it for more than a decade already.

• an album that was originally recorded to tape, but cut from a digital source anyway. Cost cutting measure? Too inconvenient for the people in charge of this to actually handle tape?

• a noisy and wildly off-center pressing

I trully feel like I got my money's worth here.

• 3 7" singles, one of which has it's two songs improperly split over the two sides.

• jackets for the 3 singles that will surely develop ringwear over time if stored as intended in the novelty packaging. But no worries guys, they came with the ringwear already formed. Great job SRC.

• a very nice novelty jacket, which is super if you ignore the fact that the seams were improperly glued and the thing is already coming apart on it's own from day 1, and also the fact that there will be "square-wear" visible on the solid black outer jacket if the included singles are stored as intended.

• a 10+ year old album of songs that I've already known and loved for years, no new music, no demos, no alternate mixes or takes. The equivalent of a cd I could've bought for 9 bucks at Walmart any day of the week if I didn't own it for more than a decade already.

• an album that was originally recorded to tape, but cut from a digital source anyway. Cost cutting measure? Too inconvenient for the people in charge of this to actually handle tape?

To be fair, you either knew about all this stuff in advance (the price, the packaging, record not including bonus tracks etc., the record being 10+ years old..), OR could have asked about it (how it was cut). It's not like anybody lied to you or didn't tell you what you were getting. You've got a significant gripe about the issue with the 7" but besides that.. 

1. sell your copy on eBay for $50 "buy it now" because someone will buy it

2. get your money back

3. stop talking. people who complain as much as you are annoying as shit

mine just arrived. minor ringwear on the 7" sleeves... tried putting one of the 7"s in the sleeve like its intended--you can immediately see the stress on the front of the sleeve so i definitely won't be using those. the artwork and everything is gorgeous though. just makes me wonder how this novelty sleeve which sunk RJ wasn't scrapped. sure its a cool idea, but its not practical and it damages the package. i'm playing ni no kuni now, so i'll give it a spin later.

people who complain as much as you are annoying as shit

nuff said

Just put the needle down on this and read the foreword by Mark. That was a really enjoyable read, had some insight to the recording process that wasn't available previously which is cool. I think it's a really good release and thank SRC for finally getting it done somewhat proper (haven't checked out the issue on the 7" some people are complaining about yet.)

I don't have all complaints about the vinyl, there are some nice things I have to say. (The 7"s look great, and the foreword was a great read)

But my complaints are valid ones. If you're looking for someone to blindly rant about how great a release is when there are obvious flaws with it, then just skip over my posts. I give praise where praise is due. This kind of quality is not acceptable from a $50 premium product, but the companies in charge of putting them out will continue to do so as long as your standards as consumers are low enough to not care if they recieve a faulty product or not.

record sounds good, 7" sound like poo. everything looks cool. woo!

EDIT: side A of the green sounds pretty good.

i thought the 7"s sounded fine

ehh little compressed but not terrible

"time to break up" sounds the worst. "don't tell me that its over" and "what went wrong" both sound fine. i kinda figure the sound quality for the joke tracks doesn't really matter--its not like i really need a hi-fi recording of "fuck a dog" lol.

and the end of the 1st side of red has like a split second of the b-side. SO insignificant.