Po: Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket Lp + 3 7"s

jhulud

I have no clue how RJ just got away with taking money and not refunding people or going to jail for theft. Does anyone know what kind of loophole he jumped through to avoid it?

Yeah, this. I don't get it. Why can't we just sue him or get him on Judge Judy or something?

I mean, I never preordered it back then, so I don't have a stake in this happening or anything. I'm just curious.

Yeah, this. I don't get it. Why can't we just sue him or get him on Judge Judy or something?

I mean, I never preordered it back then, so I don't have a stake in this happening or anything. I'm just curious.

It really is the most odd situation. It's not like missing paypal rules or bank rules should even apply to the case in terms of finding a way to get your money back. This item was a preorder and there is a ton of physical evidence proving he continued the scam by stringing buyers along. I can see bank's and paypal not having to return the money at their loss because of rules they set in place in their system. I just don't see why lawyers have not gotten involved and used the legal system to return the money. I mean there are also laws that govern America that say what he did is illegal. I just have no clue how he is still a free man or not having his wages garnished to repay his debt.

It really is the most odd situation. It's not like missing paypal rules or bank rules should even apply to the case in terms of finding a way to get your money back. This item was a preorder and there is a ton of physical evidence proving he continued the scam by stringing buyers along. I can see bank's and paypal not having to return the money at their loss because of rules they set in place in their system. I just don't see why lawyers have not gotten involved and used the legal system to return the money. I mean there are also laws that govern America that say what he did is illegal. I just have no clue how he is still a free man or not having his wages garnished to repay his debt.

Simple answer: lawyers don't work for free and nobody has hired one to pursue this.

I just think it's worth noting that 1. I despise paypal and 2. I wouldn't trust my bank with my niece's piggy bank. (Wells Fargo, but that goes for any bank)  Under any circumstance I have the option-I pay with CREDIT CARD.  Even when paying with paypal, I pay with my Mastercard or Discover via paypal.  Sure, they make you manually switch payment from bank account to CC on every single transaction, but it's worth it in cases something goes wrong.  I bypass Paypal and go straight to the CC company to file the chargeback.   I've been buying useless commodities online, on many different websites, since about 1999.  Needless to say, with all the idiots out there, I've needed to file my share of chargebacks.  I've had problems with banks & with paypal getting my money back, but in only 1 instance did my CC company NOT get my money back.  And that was in an eBay auction some dicknose sold me a car audio amplifire that was damaged, but he had the stipulations "sold AS-IS" printed in his auction.  I've bought many "as-is" car audio products, never had a problem, except with that one guy.  He told them I broke it...  I still have his address & plan on throwing a brick through some of his property if I ever drive through South Carolina, for the record.

From SRC Facebook:

#toypaj update! Assembly is taking sometime but is progressing very well! We are going to begin shipping today alongside assembly. HOWEVER note it may take up to mid next week to get everyones orders shipped. So please be patient. Regardless everyone will have their order shipped before release date - May 7

Yeah so I ordered on March 12th and it was marked as shipped that day. Then the tracking number updated on the 13th and nothing again for over a month until it was actually shipped. Needless to say I'm not impressed.

I'm glad to see that his Blink 182 release is actually on time and shipping though!

Seems weird seeing as the update they sent out on Sunday said this:

"Things are moving nice and quickly for the pressing of Blink 182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket pressing! All the 7" jackets are set to arrive today. The LP jackets tomorrow!!! Vinyl is scheduled to go on the press today or tomorrow!! We will be posting pictures as everything arrives on our Facebook so join now and expect pics of the paper products today or tomorrow:"

What place delivers on sundays? And if the vinyl wasn't getting pressed until Sunday or yesterday how do they have it already and have packaged and are going to be shipping them out starting today?

I'm not trying to call anyone out or anything, I'm just a little confused by that update from sunday and then this update from today. Just seems like a lot has happened in essentially 2 days.

Seems weird seeing as the update they sent out on Sunday said this:

"Things are moving nice and quickly for the pressing of Blink 182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket pressing! All the 7" jackets are set to arrive today. The LP jackets tomorrow!!! Vinyl is scheduled to go on the press today or tomorrow!! We will be posting pictures as everything arrives on our Facebook so join now and expect pics of the paper products today or tomorrow:"

What place delivers on sundays? And if the vinyl wasn't getting pressed until Sunday or yesterday how do they have it already and have packaged and are going to be shipping them out starting today?

I'm not trying to call anyone out or anything, I'm just a little confused by that update from sunday and then this update from today. Just seems like a lot has happened in essentially 2 days.

Where did you see the "Sunday" update?  I think your time frame may be off, an email I got on March 20th says the vinyl would arrive two weeks from then.  So they should already have everything, at least from what I understand.

EDIT: nvm, found the email.  I'm assuming they got it mixed up with another release.  That or they really are pulling an RJ on us.