Andrew McMahon - The Pop Underground EP

Dear friend,

(If you received a similarly titled email today please disregard it as this email contains the new and correct information)

First and foremost thank you for your recent purchase of my new EP, The Pop Underground. This is an exciting moment for me and I am honored to share it with you. I wanted to keep you up to speed with the status of your order and when to anticipate its arrival.

Your digital download will be available as expected on release day and you can access it by opening the link that you will receive tomorrow, in an email.

The vinyl will arrive in our staging warehouse next week and we will be working with care to quickly package and ship your order. Our original ship date was intended to be this Tuesday and due to a delay in the vinyl delivery most orders will likely ship the week of May 6. I am very much a perfectionist and the thought of a delay on my first release is incredibly upsetting to me, as I'm sure it is to you. That said, Pirates Press, our manufacturer, is highly regarded as the best in the business and they encountered a rare hold up at customs when shipping the album from their plant in Prague.

I am sincerely sorry for this delay. I take your trust as a consumer very seriously and with this in mind I've put together some additional items that will ship with your vinyl packages as a thank you for your patience and understanding.

1. You will now receive an autographed copy of the lyrics for The Pop Underground's first single, Synesthesia.

2. Each package will now include an AM logo sticker. The first ever printed.

3. In addition, please use the following code at any point in the AM.com store to receive 25% off a future purchase:

For any further questions, contact the customer service email, [email protected], or tweet @amcmahonshop.

Once again, thank you for your understanding and thank you for sharing in this new adventure with me. I hope you enjoy The Pop Underground!

Sincerely,

Andrew

I didn't receive this particular e-mail but I did receive a shorter one that included a brief update on the delay. I would like to receive this e-mail with the discount code though. Someone should also help Andrew with learning how to you "bcc" with his e-mails. Mine included everyone's e-mail address in the list...

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know if these have been shipped out yet?

i have heard nothing since the last email that said they were supposed to start shipping this past week.

Yeah, I got email shipping confirmation yesterday!

--

Dear "chutterhanban",

All of the items from order #7776 have now been shipped:

2x The Pop Underground Vinyl + Digital EP - MP3 / Synesthesia / http://apps.centricdigital.com/amm_song_preview/01_Synethesia.mp3

They are being shipped via USPS to the following address:

chutterhanban

bham, wa

The tracking number for these items is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. You can see the status of this shipment at the following URL:

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please allow some time for the status of the shipment to correctly display at the above address.

Thank you for ordering from AndrewMcMahon!

Yeah, I got email shipping confirmation yesterday!

--

Dear "chutterhanban",

All of the items from order #7776 have now been shipped:

2x The Pop Underground Vinyl + Digital EP - MP3 / Synesthesia / http://apps.centricdigital.com/amm_song_preview/01_Synethesia.mp3

They are being shipped via USPS to the following address:

chutterhanban

bham, wa

The tracking number for these items is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. You can see the status of this shipment at the following URL:

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please allow some time for the status of the shipment to correctly display at the above address.

Thank you for ordering from AndrewMcMahon!

oh, sweet!