Andrew McMahon - The Pop Underground EP

Agreed. Link me.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3100161

Background: I got blamed for "leaking" the Wonder Years track that AP was supposed to premier. I saw a link to the buzznet mp3 on the band's facebook page, which I then posted on my personal facebook page and sent to some people. I then got tweeted at by Drew, Jack, and Thomas (though Thomas and I are good, I understand his stress because he spent months putting it together) for leaking the song when I just found a link and sent it to some friends. I deleted the link later in the day as well, making what Jason said about the whole "keeping it up even after I was asked not to" thing a total lie. I only ever sent it to people the first two minutes. But yeah. That's the background.

If you go to page 18 or so of the TWY preorder thread on here you'll see parts of my conversation with Drew.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86260-the-wonder-years-the-greatest-generation-out-may-14th/page-17

Here's that link too.

Drew's post about "telling other staff members not to do the same" rings quite a lot when you see what Jason says to me.

Funniest part is that he ends up banning me for using a second account after my first one was banned, yet he knew this was my second about for about 6 months.

Also look out for the post editing that he obviously did.

Man, AP.net is just a smalll step above POZ. I also love that Jacob Tender (who posts here) had your back.

Jacob and I talk reasonably often. Good guy, I've tried to alert him to some records he's needed quite a few times. I've criticized him and UTG enough but I have mad respect for saying what he thought rather than staying on Tate's dick like so many people do.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3100161

Background: I got blamed for "leaking" the Wonder Years track that AP was supposed to premier. I saw a link to the buzznet mp3 on the band's facebook page, which I then posted on my personal facebook page and sent to some people. I then got tweeted at by Drew, Jack, and Thomas (though Thomas and I are good, I understand his stress because he spent months putting it together) for leaking the song when I just found a link and sent it to some friends. I deleted the link later in the day as well, making what Jason said about the whole "keeping it up even after I was asked not to" thing a total lie. I only ever sent it to people the first two minutes. But yeah. That's the background.

If you go to page 18 or so of the TWY preorder thread on here you'll see parts of my conversation with Drew.

AP is just mad because it was their exclusive. Absolute Voices POZ leaked the Fall Out Boy re-uniting story and Jason was 100% cool with that...because it was Absolute Voices leaking stuff. He's probably okay with posting the song because he's just being a "journalist" or so they said about all the POZ stuff. I'd say he was really just mad because it was his exclusive and his site. If he hates you he was probably extra mad. Drew is officially getting paid now. He worked for years at AP for free so I guess he's taking it super serious now. Amazing how getting paid money (and not in pats on the back) can change a man's stance.

Enough of that though. About the Andrew McMahon release: This looks really cool. I don't know if I'll grab this but I'm really excited to hear a few more of the tracks.

Those AP comments were so frustrating to read.  Jason was literally running his mouth, then went back and edited what he wrote, THEN he continued to try to undermine and confuse everyone who was onto him by claiming they were talking about the Andrew McMahon track.  Anyone who took a simple reading comprehension course could follow that they were discussing a previous situation regarding a completely different band.

Wow. It's instances like that that remind me as to why I don't frequent that site anymore.  Sorry Jason was such a dick to you, Cwhit.

If you wanna send me a pm I'll pick this up for you and ship it to you when I get it. Just a thought, my school's on spring break and I don't have shit else to do until next week haha plus it may help save on shipping. 

Hey that's super nice of you.  Thanks for the offer but I think I'm going to pass on this.  There are a lot of hardcore Andrew fans that would benefit from this release moreso than myself.

AP is just mad because it was their exclusive. Absolute Voices POZ leaked the Fall Out Boy re-uniting story and Jason was 100% cool with that...because it was Absolute Voices leaking stuff. He's probably okay with posting the song because he's just being a "journalist" or so they said about all the POZ stuff. I'd say he was really just mad because it was his exclusive and his site. If he hates you he was probably extra mad. Drew is officially getting paid now. He worked for years at AP for free so I guess he's taking it super serious now. Amazing how getting paid money (and not in pats on the back) can change a man's stance.

Enough of that though. About the Andrew McMahon release: This looks really cool. I don't know if I'll grab this but I'm really excited to hear a few more of the tracks.

yup. nailed it. incidents like this make me proud that i'm still doing my own site the way i feel journalistic music sites were meant to run, focusing on  original content and promotion of bands that you actually support. but alas, things shall remain