Yep, you just need the record and the packing slip that came with it. Only had to do it once, I just said the person I got the record for already had a copy. It was pretty painless.

Oh my god, for some reason that makes this even more hilarious for me.  Did they look up your account and see that you had a bunch of cancelled orders? 

Though I'm not sure it'd matter, its unlikely the sales person would figure it out and/or care.

Oh my god, for some reason that makes this even more hilarious for me. Did they look up your account and see that you had a bunch of cancelled orders?

Though I'm not sure it'd matter, its unlikely the sales person would figure it out and/or care.

That was actually one of the first records I tried (Folie a Deux) so I only had maybe one or two cancelled orders then. It would be a different story if that happened now, lol. I doubt they get paid enough to care really.

I am pretty sure they refunded the entire thing back onto my card.  Just like a regular in store purchase.

Now watch someone will be returning about 10 copies of Smash, lol.

hahaha. That helps me because there's a few things I'm not sure about that I don't really want if they come, multiple copies of old topshelf and RFC releases and stuff.

Two copies of No Witch are in transit for me. I'll just return them, unless somebody wants a copy. I'll happily send it to ya. 

But I used a promo-code on something and I canceled the item (I ordered the wrong thing), and my code doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there a waiting period, or is it gone forever? Anybody got a clue?

If things ship that you don't want, I'm 99% sure you can return it to a BB store.

THIS IS HOW YOU GET YOUR ACCOUNT FLAGGED. They ask for drivers license and they track this stuff per your account. I.e. how much money they loose in shipping for accounts that have high return rates

I highly discourage this.

Two copies of No Witch are in transit for me. I'll just return them, unless somebody wants a copy. I'll happily send it to ya. 

But I used a promo-code on something and I canceled the item (I ordered the wrong thing), and my code doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there a waiting period, or is it gone forever? Anybody got a clue?

If you use a code & cancel the order, your code is no longer valid.

I don't know what the hell this Shearwater album is because I don't recall ordering it, but it shipped today.

Yeah, its Palo Santo, their 4th record.  I was pumping it as a sure fire code-getter as I've had it cancel for me 4 times.  And now it shipped.

I'm beginning to wonder if BB is putting pressure on its distributors to get some of the titles we've been using to get codes back in stock.  Plans, Smash, and now Palo Santo were always getting codes and now they are shipping.  As far as I know, all of these records were not limited editions, so I wonder if the bands/labels/distributors are just re-pressing these albums to fill the 'demand.' 

I think mine's actually The Golden Archipelago. I guess I heard someone here say it worked for them and ordered it without much thought last month.

Oh, well, that one is pretty easy to come by, so I'm not surprised it shipped.  It is really a fantastic record, so you might give it a spin and see what you think.