Sigur Ros - ( ) and Agaetis Byrjun represses available on roughtrade?!

So both Sigur Ros records showed up today (from different UK sellers). So happy. They sound great. They arrived in perfect condition. Did I mention that they actually arrived? Because that's a huge accomplishment all by itself. Third time's the charm for me.

As to the surface noise issue that people are worried about, on my copies it's not a problem. They might not be quite as quiet as say the best Wilco albums, but close enough. They're certainly not as noisy as my copy of Inni, which I still consider to be a decent pressing.

The Agaetis packaging is nice, but nothing really special. Clear Sigur Ros sticker on the poly wrap, which is a little annoying because if I want to remove the poly it's nigh impossible to transfer these kinds of stickers without lines appearing on them as the adhesive pulls away from the plastic. The inners are just normal white paper. Would have been nice if they would have at least provided plastic lined paper inners, or at least black paper to match the outer. The ( ) packaging is very simple but rather elegant. Die cut matte outer, thick printed inners with glossy ( )'s in their centers. Gorgeous thing.

2013-04-26173901_zps80d092a1.jpg

2013-04-26173825_zps3b9a904d.jpg

2013-04-26173940_zpsa13fee43.jpg

Not related to the represses, but I stopped by my local record shop to see what leftover RSD stuff they had left, and after glancing through their normal stock I came across a copy of hvarf / heim. I was thinking it was a repress after seeing this thread, or possibly the uk release, but it was the 2012 rsd version. I couldn't believe it, I've been looking for it since last year.

Not related to the represses, but I stopped by my local record shop to see what leftover RSD stuff they had left, and after glancing through their normal stock I came across a copy of hvarf / heim. I was thinking it was a repress after seeing this thread, or possibly the uk release, but it was the 2012 rsd version. I couldn't believe it, I've been looking for it since last year.

where at? (trying to find a good shop in the houston area)

The one I was at is Cactus Music off of I-59 and Shepard, prices are a little high, but they have the best selection around. Right around the corner from them is Sound Exchange on Richmond, their shop is a house, service turntables, indie/local/used selection.

Black Dog Records used to be next to them too, but they moved before record store day, haven't figured out where yet but the owner is pretty cool, has 2 awesome dogs that want to play with you while your looking around. From what I can remember they have mostly older jazz/psychobilly (I think thats the word)/rock records.

Sig's Lagoon in Midtown is pretty cool, smaller indie selection and used rock/country.

Heights Vinyl is close to the Fitzgerald's Venue, I think their stock is mostly used. And if I remember correctly there are no prices on the records just color coded stickers which give a range of what cost he would accept or what you offer. (It's been a while)

Vinal Edge Records just moved inside the 610 loop recently, only went there once in his old location, and it was mostly used metal.

I miss Vinyl Junkie Distro.

I had this happen to me last June or July. I was browsing my local shop and found a copy of hvarf / heim. I couldn't believe it was still there several months later. Hmmm. Maybe that shop still has Agaetis.

How did you manage $46? The cheapest option I see is $60+ for both.

I was able to get it to show up for $46. I a little bummed that I paid closer to $65 a few weeks ago, but glad to just have them and be done with it. A year ago I missed them for $30 and they shot way up to at least $50 each. I would be too paranoid to wait around. If you can get them both for under $50 I think that's just about the best price you will ever see them.

Well that's fucking bullshit. I just sent a request to Banquet this morning to cancel my order for ( ), which for some reason is being shipped separately from the 2 RSD records I bought. They tell you to state your reason for cancelling, so I said it was cheaper on Amazon UK. Was just waiting to hear back that the cancellation was successful to order it so I don't somehow end up buying it twice. Would have saved about $8. Guess I should have jumped on it when I had the chance. Hope that wasn't the cause of the price hike. And now if that cancellation goes through I'll basically be paying the exact same price. Maybe $1 less. Fucking lame.

Even if you're paying the same price, I'd still be grateful to score copies, period.  Especially after all the hoop-jumping some of us have had to go through.  I personally grew skeptical (and then tired) of Rough Trade stringing me along in the dark.  Zero updates, no notifications, stock that disappeared from their shop, and then rumors of very limited copies.  I e-mail them and got no reply, either.  Needless to say, they're not exactly high on the totem pole of favored labels for me, at the moment.

Canceled the order and place and Amazon UK order.  Ended up being about the same price.  They just showed up today in flawless condition, actually.  Would I have loved to secure them for $46 PPD?  Absolutely.  Am I quite content to finally own them, even at $60 PPD or so?  Also absolutely.

Canceled the order and place and Amazon UK order. Ended up being about the same price. They just showed up today in flawless condition, actually. Would I have loved to secure them for $46 PPD? Absolutely. Am I quite content to finally own them, even at $60 PPD or so? Also absolutely.

Any chance of getting pics of the AB to compare and see if it's the same as the US RSD version?

Well that's fucking bullshit. I just sent a request to Banquet this morning to cancel my order for ( ), which for some reason is being shipped separately from the 2 RSD records I bought. They tell you to state your reason for cancelling, so I said it was cheaper on Amazon UK. Was just waiting to hear back that the cancellation was successful to order it so I don't somehow end up buying it twice. Would have saved about $8. Guess I should have jumped on it when I had the chance. Hope that wasn't the cause of the price hike. And now if that cancellation goes through I'll basically be paying the exact same price. Maybe $1 less. Fucking lame.

Banquet did the same to me, shipped my Dave Hause 7" by itself and said a note in the package would explain further. Haven't received my package yet, but I'm guessing they don't actually have ( ) in stock. Debating on canceling as well.

Any chance of getting pics of the AB to compare and see if it's the same as the US RSD version?

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

I ordered this from rough trade about 3 or 4 weeks ago. They charged me right away but the status of my order never changed. I emailed them for an update but got no reply. I was just about to try to cancel my order and to my surprise it showed up on my doorstep this morning.

Glad my Amazon marketplace order actually got here this time. And as added good news Amazon has the preorder up for the standard version of Hvarf/Heim: http://www.amazon.com/Hvarf-Heim-Sigur-Ros/dp/B00CJF9X1Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1367314689&sr=1-3&keywords=hvarf Hoping the preorder price drops at some point.