PO: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Just had a nice e-mail regarding my pre-order :)

Dear Daft Punk Fan,

Good news. We've dropped the price of the Random Access Memories (Vinyl) by £4.

If you've ordered through PayPal, we'll issue a refund of £4. If you've ordered with your credit card, we'll charge you £19.99 instead of £23.99 when we ship your order.

You can check the status of your order by clicking on your order number: ***********

Sincerely,

Your MyPlay Direct Team

They just seemed to hate on it for being house music...

If you dont like house, why would you review it, they like daft punk now because its "cool" to like daft punk.

I can just never take there reviews seriously.

But whatever this doesnt need to be a debate, everything Daft Punk has done has been incredible and i am excited for this record to arrive.

They just seemed to hate on it for being house music...

If you dont like house, why would you review it, they like daft punk now because its "cool" to like daft punk.

I can just never take there reviews seriously.

But whatever this doesnt need to be a debate, everything Daft Punk has done has been incredible and i am excited for this record to arrive.

You got proven wrong quite heavily in this thread, I'll sum you up: you only think a review is good if it agrees with your opinion

The end

Am I the only one here that doesn't consider Daft Punk "house music"? But I guess if that's what Wikipedia calls it...

during the homework days at least.

with discovery, they transcended the genre, but it's understandable that the label stuck.

Thought i would post this here considering i have not seen it posted elsewhere, but...

It seems the semi-elusive Human After All 2xLP has received a european repress 

a couple on amazon.co.uk

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/72919

Didnt realize those were tough to find? I really need a copy of the Tron Soundtrack more than anything though.

Huh. All the negativity for Homework. Not a great album for flow, but "Da Funk" is easily one of the Top 3 greatest DP tracks ever. 

Did "Music Sounds Better With You" ever show up on vinyl (aside from the original single)? It would've been perfect on Homework even though it's technically the one-and-only "Stardust" single.

And see my other post about how thrown we were by Discovery at first. Same with Pitchfork. They basically did a "mea culpa" about the negative review years later and, as someone else pointed out, it was one of their top albums of the 2000s.

It's easy to hate on Pitchfork, but I will always respect them for turning me onto LCD Soundsystem, one of my favorite bands of the last 10 years. (R.I.P.) They also turned me on to Burial, James Blake, and Robyn (who some of you probably hate, but your loss).... So all in all, they're pretty good about filtering out the quality electronic music from the massive amounts of crap currently out there.

Obviously you would hate a review you don't agree with?

And its hard to respect the mans opinion when it seems evident he doesn't even like house music.

And yes i use the term "house" very loosely with Daft Punk.

I just generally do not like when pitchfork reviews Electronic music.

It is not there forte.

The review on Discovery/Human and Tron are pretty piss poor.

And then the give Alive2007 something like 8.5?

Which is a mashup of the albums they gave shitty reviews?

They just do not seem consistent with Daft Punk.

Also Jesus?

I just looked on Ebay at Tron Soundtrack and there is a copy selling for 300$

Makes me tempted to throw mine up.

But it would be a decision I am positive I would regret.

I think those are artificially inflated prices, just a couple weeks ago, you could snag one for $100-150.  Probably a case of one idiot deciding to be a moron and the rest of the sheep following suit.  There's no way in hell they're getting those asking prices (at least at this moment anyways).

Also, I ask $10,000 for my copy of the Daft Punk - Homework re-issue on eBay, doesn't mean I'm gonna get it.

I think those are artificially inflated prices, just a couple weeks ago, you could snag one for $100-150.  Probably a case of one idiot deciding to be a moron and the rest of the sheep following suit.  There's no way in hell they're getting those asking prices (at least at this moment anyways).

Also, I ask $10,000 for my copy of the Daft Punk - Homework re-issue on eBay, doesn't mean I'm gonna get it.

they're being listed as "buy it now" from 400-1000 but the selling prices are all in the 200s and 300s.  I'm thinking it's a crazy Daft Punk excitement going on with the fanbase because of the new album.  I bought mine for $70 last year.