Just purchased my 3rd House!

How much do these houses cost?? Here, you basically can't find anything you'd want to live in for less than $300,000. A shitty house in the "ghetto," is still at least $200,000.

Congrats though, that's awesome. Would love to do something like that myself but I can't even afford one house.

How much do these houses cost?? Here, you basically can't find anything you'd want to live in for less than $300,000. A shitty house in the "ghetto," is still at least $200,000.

Congrats though, that's awesome. Would love to do something like that myself but I can't even afford one house.

First house cost $305k, second $250k, third $326k.  All within Chicago city limits, non-ghetto neighborhoods (at least in the areas where I bought them).

North Center

Albany Park

Portage Park

Canada is expensive though, one of my favorite tv shows is Income Property and they're basically covering the area around Toronto.

Cool.

I have a house up for sale in a Detroit suburb for $45k. I used to live there, then moved up to a nicer place after a couple years.

My buddy was renting it but moved on to his own place. The rental income was nice but I'm not a landlord. Just not interested in the hassle. Factoring in taxes, appreciation, everything I was making about 15% return on my money. I'm just not interested in the hassle, renting to random people, etc now that a good friend isn't living there. Hoping to make over 10% just investing in the stock market. So far I have already hit that number and only 3 months in.

How much rent can you get out of a $300k house? I have a feeling it is going to be 3 or 4 times my whole mortgage payment.

Congrats! I'm trying to buy my first house and it's been a complete nightmare. No inventory in my price range in the cities I want to buy in.

Kind of understand where you're coming from. While im not in the market to get a house just yet, i know how shitty the cost of living is in the oc. 

Your down OC down payment will buy your entire house, maybe 2

Seriously, my fiance and i plan to down 100K when we get a house. I would definitely move but my fiance gets paid the most in orange county than any other state and the licensure im in the process of getting is for California.

Your down OC down payment will buy your entire house, maybe 2

No joke. Just for the hell of it I was looking in my price range at different states. I think my price range is modest (trying to stay under $300k) and I was looking at brand new, model houses in some other states for the price of a piece of shit in Irvine, CA. Worst part is, even the shittiest houses have cash offers on them before I can even get off work to see them. I hate that I'm a huge wimp and wouldn't be able to handle the weather elsewhere...

Seriously, my fiance and i plan to down 100K when we get a house. I would definitely move but my fiance gets paid the most in orange county than any other state and the licensure im in the process of getting is for California.

If you want to live in Orange County, live in Orange County. But I highly doubt the difference in salary makes up for the fact that the houses cost 10 times as much. After a quick googling, it seems like the difference in average pay is maybe 5 - 10%. Doesn't even come close to making up for it, unless your fiance is in some very special situation.

yeah, so i was stoked that i got chipotle for free today and all you mother fuckers are out buying houses, well fuck my burrito bowl

Free burrito bowl from Chipotle? Did you get guac? Cuz if so, you are the clear winner in this thread. I'm having a turkey sandwich because I have to watch my spending to save for a stupid ass house. I honestly envy you...

Houses are cheap here. I was seriously looking into one last year that originally sold for 220 in 05'. 7 years later, they were asking 69 for it through a short sale. It ended up selling for 62. The mortgage payment would have been 450 through the credit union I worked for.

I need to get into the market before it rebounds. It's slowly coming back to life.