SLC Punk Sequel?

Eric was 2 years old when this movie came out. He was probably watching it then, just like how he said he was listening to FOB, Brand New, Etc when he was 8.

FYI I didn't start listing to Brand New until I was like 12 and double FYI I just saw this movie in just on Netflix. So yeah go lick a pee pee

FYI I didn't start listing to Brand New until I was like 12 and double FYI I just saw this movie in just on Netflix. So yeah go lick a pee pee

I will not go lick a pee pee....I did hear that if you get your willy wet and stick it in an electrical socket that you find true love. Maybe you should do that so you can find happiness in your life.

How was it "unwatchable" for you Dave?

I thought it would be campy - it wasn't. Without camp value it was trying to be something oddly serious and it wasn't that either. It was a poorly made film that attempted to co-opt the subculture I found great comfort in. It simply failed to appeal to me as a viewer with a sort of vested interest. Someone else without my life's experience probably felt very differently than I did. I lost interest from the opening scene with the lame angst and bad voiceover. I couldn't even identify with him punching that mirror and I did that once bloody hand and all. It all felt so inauthentic that I cringed the whole way through. 

I'll take Repo Man any day of the week over this. Something about the subtly of punk in it makes it the perfect Punk Film for me. The Circle Jerks cameo is amazing. Hell, I'll take Suburbia over SLC Punk as well. 

Other than the acid scene (which I give them a lot of credit for, I think that scene is really funny) I couldn't stand this movie. If it is supposed to be about punk and how great it is, it absolutely fails. If its supposed to be about how punk is a childish ideology then it goes over 80% of its fan base's heads. What is it honestly trying to say? I may just not understand it. Punk kids seem to love this movie but it just kind of bashes on  them. Give me Repo Man any day everyday. Speaking of which, who else is psyched on the Criterion Collection version of Repo Man coming out soon?!