[PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster

Guest Justin Maheiny

I'm not trying to be a dick, just pointing out something I think should be noted. Are we talking about what these guys do in the studio/onstage or about how they live their personal lives? When I like a band, I don't usually give a fuck about what the dummies do in their spare time. If I liked bands based on their lifestyles, then I would strictly listen to Reggae, not church-burning, member-eating, murderous Nazis.

Edit: it should be noted that I do NOT condone listening to Reggae.

I kind of do care what they do in their off time. I still feel I shouldn't be watching Roman Polanski movies and listening to Gary Glitter. And god damn it, I love Gary Glitter!

• 2 weeks later...

Man I saw Deafheaven in San Antonio this past week and holy hell was it an experience! I saw George chilling with this older lady before the show started, and then once they came on I saw that lady in the crowd again. She was clearly pretty drunk, and she kept yelling "GEORGE CLARK! GEORGIE! GEORGIE PORGIE!" and the whole time I'm thinking, "who the hell is this lady?" Totally not metal at all, but it was pretty darn funny XD Midway through the show, George gives a shoutout to the audience and thanks his Aunt Lisa (or Linda?) for coming out to see him :P Got a chance to chat up George and Kerry after the show too, they're both super chill dudes and they even signed a dollar bill for me since I forgot to bring my record with me

noticed this while searching...no idea on variant but the price is right if you don't already own:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sunbather-lp-lp-vinyl/21298176.p?id=2691625&skuId=21298176&st=sunbather&lp=1&cp=1

One of the local record shops here ordered it for me fairly cheap but they didn't have info on the variant. When I got it it was the pink/yellow variant, I think it's the easiest one to come across. Got it last Friday, love the record. 

^^ That's what I'm looking forward to be amused by tomorrow and Friday. Especially Friday. The Ft. Lauderdale crowds are a bit rough at times in hating on bands.

I'll probably be at the Ft. Lauderdale show as well, I've seen BTBAM the past 2 times they've been around and their crowd is usually extremly picky about the opening bands. Can't wait for the reactions to deafheaven.

Waiting in line during this tour last week, the group of kids behind me seemed pretty eager to see Deafheaven.  I heard "How are Deafhaven live?  I've never seen a psychedelic band perform before." / "They're probably okay.  It'll be like, ten minutes of [mundane shoegaze impression] and then like two seconds of [awkward air guitar]."

Yup.

Guest Secular Haze

I saw this tour on the first night.  Deafheaven played 4 songs and got a great response.  I was up front and almost everyone up there knew all the words.  Then, BTBAM took the stage.  They opened with the first two tracks off of Colors and it just seemed boring in comparison.  I've been a BTABAM fan for a while now and their set wasn't much to watch after a blazing 35 minutes of Deafheaven.  Upon leaving the show, I heard a guy tell his friend that "Deafheaven are a new band and Sunbather is their first album."     

(edit)

George and Kerry are awesome guys.  If you get the opportunity to talk with them for a bit, you should absolutely do so.

I saw this tour on the first night.  Deafheaven played 4 songs and got a great response.  I was up front and almost everyone up there knew all the words.  

I've listened to this album over 100 times and still don't know the words, even after reading the lyric sheet numerous times.

I feel like it would be awkward to attempt to sing along at a Deafheaven show...

I've listened to this album over 100 times and still don't know the words, even after reading the lyric sheet numerous times.

I feel like it would be awkward to attempt to sing along at a Deafheaven show...

I totally agree, definitely not sing along music even if I did know the words.

I don't know how the guy's vocal chords aren't destroyed after this every night.

I don't know how the guy's vocal chords aren't destroyed after this every night.

He's fronted another before, so he's been screaming for 5 years or so pretty consistently. I can't speak to their general quality, but I know one of the Rise of Caligula songs pretty heavily foreshadows where Deafheaven came from. You just get used to it or you Chester Bennington it up and end up with throat lesions somewhere down the road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Derek™ changed the title to [PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster