The World Is A Beautiful Place... Debut LP

I've read enough Pitchfork since the day they went up to also know i like some separation from their style in this element of my music interests. I don't see cracking a joke as ignorant. I have a severe love hate relationship with that site. Sorry to express an opinion while also playing on the stereotype. Thanks for coming out strong in Pitchfork fashion champ.

good to know their mailorder is still going on... aside from my personal gripe with BWM, i want this tape but have yet to justify the $15+ it will cost me

I was in the same boat, looks like they're sold out now though so decision has been made for me haha. At least they're not on the bwm site any more.

I was in the same boat, looks like they're sold out now though so decision has been made for me haha. At least they're not on the bwm site any more.

They took down most of their merch because they were playing some shows over the weekend and brought that stuff with them. Chances are the tapes will pop up again.

I did hear that they're doing a regular run of tapes once the initial run sells out. Like I don't have enough damn copies of this album in my apartment already.

Beat me to it. Kevin/Seth, I'm curious as to what your opinion on the review is? If you put the "good publicity" factor aside. The review reads like a pile of shit to me, and that's not taking into account the Fightboat comparison to The Summer Ends, trumpet intros.

Honestly, anytime someone wants to talk about the shit my friends and I are doing is completely fine by me — even better if they can endorse it and frame it in a positive light to their audience. The shit we like isn't mainstream by any means, but it's come a helluva lot closer to it in the last 4-5 years (as far as subcultures or underground music go, anyway). That'll happen again. It'll explode in a wave of rip offs and johnny come lately's and trend hoppers until it gets way too stale and boring (you can argue that has already happened and you'd be right). I'm already watching the pushback against it (why do you think Snowing and Algernon & co. all broke up and play in new bands that sound nothing like what they used to do?). Everything resets and we do it again. We've all consciously watched this happen with this genre / niche a few times before — I think this is coming to a point where we'll soon see that again. But yeah, all that aside, I never expected them to ever cover anything we ever did, so I guess this is pretty cool to me.

It'll explode in a wave of rip offs and johnny come lately's and trend hoppers until it gets way too stale and boring (you can argue that has already happened and you'd be right). I'm already watching the pushback against it (why do you think Snowing and Algernon & co. all broke up and play in new bands that sound nothing like what they used to do?). 

FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT

• 2 weeks later...

Only one copy left of the second press.

What the fuck!? I could have sworn their stock had like 1/4 a couple days ago. Last one is in someone's cart right now. Oh well, hopefully the band still has some left if they put up tour leftovers after the Brand New tour.

Edit: Snagged it after their cart timed out. If it was someone here, sorry. Shit now I'm going to have 9 copies of this in my apartment.

What the fuck!? I could have sworn their stock had like 1/4 a couple days ago. Last one is in someone's cart right now. Oh well, hopefully the band still has some left if they put up tour leftovers after the Brand New tour.

Edit: Snagged it after their cart timed out. If it was someone here, sorry. Shit now I'm going to have 9 copies of this in my apartment.

Pretty sure it was me that added it since it seemed like there were none left and i wanted to see if there were any. Good job!

I do feel a bit silly because I've got a package from TS coming tomorrow. Should have just thrown this on there and gotten the 20% off and saved on shipping. Really did think this had at LEAST a couple more weeks before selling out though. This is the first record I've ever felt compelled to collect the variants. I have a few doubles of albums but my Whenever, If Ever collection is getting out of control.

I think the 2nd press was on Dark Red. It could just be that's how the White with red swirl came out though, like those Dads records that came out pink.

I was thinking it looks more like the Dark Red.  I know sometimes pressings don't come out the way that they are supposed to and if it was listed as Red w/ White Swirl I wouldn't think as much of it but I figure White is supposed to be the base color.  It's not pink at all.