Boston Marathon Explosions

I just saw Eric's posts...

You've long overstayed your welcome in an otherwise civil, or at least boundary abiding forum. You are annoying, immature, frankly stupid, and now distasteful to an unacceptable degree.

Eric, you suck. You derail threads and make them about you. You offer nothing positive to this community, these posts aside. I've often mocked up and occasionally pitied you playfully but now you need to occupy your time elsewhere.

The mods should ban him immediately. It's overdue. Others have been banned for lesser transgressions. Those jokes are lame to begin with, but blatantly insensitive to others who clearly posted personal connections to this.

The kid needs to go.

Fuck.

You've long overstayed your welcome in an otherwise civil, or at least boundary abiding forum. You are annoying, immature, frankly stupid, and now distasteful to an unacceptable degree.

Eric, you suck. You derail threads and make them about you. You offer nothing positive to this community, these posts aside. I've often mocked up and occasionally pitied you playfully but now you need to occupy your time elsewhere.

The mods should ban him immediately. It's overdue. Others have been banned for lesser transgressions. Those jokes are lame to begin with, but blatantly insensitive to others who clearly posted personal connections to this.

The kid needs to go.

Fuck.

The kid needs to go.

Fuck.

The kid needs to go.

Fuck.

The kid needs to go.

Fuck.

The kid needs to go.

Fuck.

Just ignore his immature posts and he'll stop making them. Let's not make this thread about his behavior. 

Lets not talk about the aforementioned church. The faster people ignore them, the faster they go away.

These.

Also one thing. I've heard the word terrorism intermittently today. I think we could all agree it doesn't matter what genetic makeup the person is, but everyone could agree that this qualifies as terrorism?

The kid needs to go.

Fuck.

Terrorism usually implies a specific agenda and now it has a lot of political connotations. So if this was just something in the vein of sandy hook then I'm not sure if it would be considered terrorism. But then we are just getting into a semantic argument that is trivial compared to this tragedy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Arredondo#Boston_Marathon_Bombings

Within moments of the first explosion this guy is in the thick of it helping those in need.  While it saddens me that something evil like this can happen it at least gives me some reassurance to know that there are still good people out there in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Arredondo#Boston_Marathon_Bombings

Within moments of the first explosion this guy is in the thick of it helping those in need. While it saddens me that something evil like this can happen it at least gives me some reassurance to know that there are still good people out there in the world.

The photo they reference is horrific. I can only hope I'd have stones half the size of his to act like he and others did in the heat of the moment.

I am watching ESPN right now and Sportscenter is obviously covering this. Seeing the videos and hearing some eyewitnesses makes me sickj to my stomach. It is unbelivable to think this happened. I was at work tonight when I got a Sportscenter update saying this. I heard on the radio show we were listening to at work that some of the people who were participating in the race were doing so in memory of/raise money for Sandy Hook victims/families. They went on to say some of the people from Sandy Hook were crowded around the finish line. I really hope this isnt true because those people do not need anything else. If they were there I hope they are all safe/okay

For the people who are speaking like adults here this thread gives me hope for humanity. You all talk very intelligently and show a lot of care for your fellow humans.  

I loved that patton oswalt post and it's a great way to look at things. The good fights against the evil.

Glad to hear a lot of folks friends are okay and not injured. 

This was actually one of the first things I saw. It's eerie, but there is so much in the way of everyone pointing a finger and saying "look, it's that guy get him!"

There were probably hundreds of people on nearby rooftops.

I know. Somewhere out there this guy is like "Fuck, I was just fixing the vent!" 

There isn't much to add that hasn't been said here already, I've been quietly following the thread and the news. Thankfully the loss of life and limb wasn't greater. Sad for the victims, no one of any creed or color deserves something like that.